ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/16/2019 6:57 pm  #1

Side-Fic 312: The Amazing Challenge Pt. 2: Trap

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Pamela: Hi, everyone! The show's just about to begin! Remember to watch in a brightly-lit room, and not sit too close to your monitor.

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Clips from the previous side-fic are shown]

[132 Madison Street, Sunday, March 31st, 8:06pm]

[Layla's group (along with Charlotte and Julie), Shido's group, and the Chipmunks are gathered]

Sora: Alvin, we're really sorry.

Layla: We practically gave Myaza and Talon the Mega Star Borg.

Alvin: You don't have to apologize. It's not like you had anything to do about it. Besides, you had no choice but to evacuate.

Sora: But, Alvin, I tried to stay on board so I could...

Alvin: I'm as worried about your family as you are, Sora. But the others couldn't take any chances. That's why Layla knocked you out cold.

Layla: And I'm still very sorry about that. No hard feelings, I hope.

Sora: None at all.

Alvin: And since you all made it out okay, I'm sure we'll strike back.

Shido: He's right. We still have the Sephira Voyagers, the Ivory Star Borg, and Alvin's Ninja Formosa, among other things.

Layla: That's okay and all, but...

Tohka: Lighten up, Layla. Sometimes you gotta consider every hardship an opportunity.

Layla: Tohka...

[On board the Nickar, Tomahawk, Myaza, and Talon reappear]

Tomahawk: So far, all's going according to your plan, Myaza. Once the Glads arrive in the other dimension for their precious loved ones and their precious Mega Star Borg, they'll get more than they bargained for.

Talon: The pain will be so unbearable, they'll be easy targets.

Myaza: Am I a genius or am I a genius? Let's report this to Westcott.

Tomahawk: Allow me.

[She exits the room]

[Inside Argon's chambers, Argon groans in pain]

Argon: The pain... Why is my life force draining? Why hasn't Master Westcott found the culprits?

[Outside the chambers, Westcott and LN have overheard it]

LN: Now that he's getting suspicious, what's your plan?

Westcott: We wait. Argon's life force is but mere drops away from diminishing for good. Once the Treacherous Three use all of their power to destroy the Gladiators, Argon will perish for good.

LN: And when that's done, what about the Treacherous Three?

[Unbeknownst to them, Tomahawk has overheard it all from the end of the hall]

Westcott: They're made from Argon's DNA, remember? Without that power source, they, too, will cease to exist.

[Tomahawk clenches her fist in fury, then rushes back to her group's room]

Myaza: Well?

Talon: I'll bet he was overjoyed. He couldn't have succeeded without us.

Tomahawk: [scoffs] He's been playing us like fools. All we are to him are tools. Once we kill the Gladiators, we'll be no more.

Myaza: Westcott said that?

Tomahawk: I don't intend to die! I intend to fight! I'll kill the Golden Phoenix, then live eternally as an immortal warrior!

[Back at the warehouse, in the lab, Origami and Mia run scans]

Origami: There's not a trace of the Mega Star Borg in any part of the whole universe.

Mia: I got a scan on the vortex, though. Let's see where it goes.

[She runs another scan on the vortex and finds where it leads to; the monitor opens a channel to a forest in a different dimension where the components of the Mega Star Borg lie on the ground with the Iron Wyvern hovering over them]

Sora: The Iron Wyvern!

Kotori: Wow! Who'd have thought they'd leave the Iron Wyvern and every piece of the Mega Star Borg in the same area?

Shido: But what area is that? We know it's nowhere in this universe.

Mia: Must be some other dimension.

[Origami types the dimension's coordinates for identification and information]

Origami: The area in this dimension is called Arzenal, except the time in that dimension is far into the future. The people there are a lot like us, except the current population of actual humans is less than 5% male.

Brittany: Why? What happened in that dimension?

Origami: According to the scan, in that dimension, many a nation was involved in a conflict between the Unified Economic Federation and the Pan-Continental Alliance. A war known as Ragnarok broke out, and it dropped that dimension's population of Earth by almost 90%. To end the stalemate, the federation released a powerful weapon called Ragna-mail, thereby ending the war. However, the Ragna-mail's dimensional resonance weapon caused a dragnium reactor resonance explosion all over the planet. It soon became a contaminated wasteland incapable of supporting life, and there were no civilizations left.

Nia: But why are there humans living there now?

Origami: A small group of survivors was left with the tough task of surviving on that planet. In order to adapt, they modified their ecosystem through genetic manipulation. The survivors transform themselves into large dragons to consume and stabilize dragnium and cleanse their Earth. Over half a millennium had passed, and now, their Earth is no longer a wasteland. The male population there is starting to grow again, but very slowly.

Layla: That's an interesting story, Origami, but that's not what we're here for.

Origami: I'm just trying to pass off some advice before anyone heads into this dimension. With dragons residing, it could be dangerous for us outsiders.

Sora: I don't care. We just need to find a way to get there.

Layla: We do.

[She extracts a transportal device]

Sora: Layla, isn't that...?

Layla: Our Christmas gift from the Power Rangers: A transportal device.

Origami: Good thinking, Layla. [inputs the coordinates on the device] This should do it. Call for us if you need help.

Layla: Right. Let's go, Gladiators.

Charlotte: [lowers Layla's hand holding the device] Hold it just a minute!

Layla: Charlotte, why?

Charlotte: The Demonoids aren't that stupid. Leaving the Mega Star Borg and the prisoners in plain sight for anyone to see?

Julie: Unless they want you to find them.

Layla: You think they're setting a trap?

Julie: Yeah, it's just too easy.

Pamela: Maybe they're getting rusty. I think we should just go.

Sora: Unless you two have any ideas.

Charlotte: We'll go in with the Spirit Soldiers.

Tohka: Excuse me?

Julie: At least that's what the Treacherous Three will think.

[Arzenal, 8:28pm (EST)]

[The Iron Wyvern lands near the scattered Mega Star Borg components; on the ground, Tomahawk, Myaza, and Talon wait]

Tomahawk: [taps her right foot] Any time now.

Talon: [points upward] Look up there!

[The Sephira Voyagers fly into the scene]

Myaza: The Spirit Soldiers! I knew those Gladiators would be so cowardly, they'd sacrifice their friends and families.

[The Sephira Voyagers combine to form the Sephira Ultra Robo]

Talon: I say we give 'em a warm welcome, anyway.

Tomahawk: Myaza, Talon, you know what to do.

Myaza and Talon: Roger that.

[They head out]

Tomahawk: All right, Spirit Soldiers. Let's see whatcha got!

[She mutates into a more demonic form and grows giant-sized; she faces the Sephira Ultra Robo]

[Cut to the cockpit w/the Spirit Soldiers, Charlotte, and Julie]

Shido: A welcoming committee? Cool with me.

Charlotte: Okay, you guys. Now for phase 2. Julie?

Julie: Yo!

[She and Charlotte jump out of the cockpit and head for the Iron Wyvern]

Julie: Okay. This is where Layla said to meet her team.

[The Kaleido Gladiators pop up from underground (courtesy of Brittany's Bastiodon and Seismitoad)]

Charlotte: Damn, that was fast.

Brittany: Well, Bastiodon and Seismitoad are fast diggers, aren't they?

[Her two Pokémon nod; Brittany recalls them]

Sora: Okay, you two. Head into the Iron Wyvern and free the prisoners while we form the Mega Star Borg.

Charlotte and Julie: Roger that.

Layla: Pamela, Zuzu, Anna, and Mia, back them up. We'll handle the Mega Star Borg.

Pamela, Zuzu, Anna, and Mia: Yes, ma'am!

[They, along with Charlotte and Julie, head for the Iron Wyvern; unknown to them, Talon is watching]

Talon: Hmm. Four Glads and a couple of nobodies? Whatever. [fades]

[Brittany boards the MechaDove; the other five board their KaleidoBorgs; all six combine to form the Super Star Borg; Sora and Layla jump out of the cockpit and into that of the MechaSwan and MechaPhoenix (respectively); the two mechanical birds combine with the Super Star Borg to form the Mega Star Borg; unknown to them, Myaza watches over them, then vanishes]

[Cut to the cockpit]

Layla: Okay, Glads. Let's hope the Spirit Soldiers have weakened the Treacherous Three enough for us to take 'em out. Let's fly!

[The Mega Star Borg flies toward the scene where the Sephira Ultra Robo is fighting Tomahawk; the Sephira Ultra Robo strikes Tomahawk hard w/its spear]

Shido: Just a little more, girls! Fire Gungnir Cannons!

[The Sephira Ultra Robo fires blasts from its cannons at Tomahawk, who repels the blasts by spinning her pike]

Tomahawk: Pyro Pike, assume axe formation!

[Her pike transforms into a mutated red axe]

Tomahawk: Westcott didn't call me Tomahawk for nothing.

[She raises her axe and is about to strike the Sephira Ultra Robo, when the Mega Star Borg flies into the scene and punches her back]

[Split-screen to both cockpits]

Tohka: All right! Great job, Layla!

Layla: Thanks, Tohka. Now let's take her out!

[Cut back outside]

Tomahawk: Oh, you're here. Perfect.

[The Mega Star Borg charges at Tomahawk, who only stands there smirking; suddenly, just as the Mega Star Borg is about to land a blow, it stops in its tracks, then turns to the Sephira Robo]

[Cut to the Sephira Ultra Robo's cockpit]

Tohka: Layla, what's happened?!

[Cut to the Mega Star Borg's cockpit; Layla has trouble moving her joystick]

Layla: I don't know! Something's gone wrong!

Sora: This must be why the Demonoids left the components out in the open!

Brittany: Hey, guys, you're not gonna believe this!

[She turns everyone's attention to the monitor; it shows all systems have been infected]

Rosetta: What?! All systems infected?!

May: Reinitialize the CPU!

Marion: [tries but fails to override] I can't override it!

[Myaza's devious laughter is heard over the radio]

Myaza: The Mega Star Borg is now under my control, Gladiators.

Sora: Myaza!

Myaza: I converted to a virus and uploaded myself into your mecha's programming.

Sora: Well, you should know that only the Kaleido Gladiators can control the Mega Star Borg!

Myaza: That's what you think, Angel of Hope. I have control of every function on this ship simply by willing it to move.

[All joysticks appear to move on their own]

Layla: No! She's right!

[Outside, the Mega Star Borg fights the Sephira Ultra Robo]

Kotori: Gladiators, what are you doing?! Stop!

Sora: It's not us! Myaza's infected the Mega Star Borg! We can't stop it!

[The Mega Star Borg fires its Six-Wing Flash at the Sephira Ultra Robo, hitting it hard]

[Cut to the Iron Wyvern; Charlotte, Julie, and the remaining Gladiators look around]

Charlotte: It's practically empty in here.

Anna: We'd better split up.

Zuzu: Hold it, girls! [puts a hand to her ear] Listen.

[Everyone listens to cries for help]

Zuzu: C'mon.

[She and the others follow the cries for help to a locked pair of doors; Zuzu tries to slide them open, but to no avail]

Zuzu: Locked.

Mia: [wedges her lance in between the doors] Leave it to me, Zuzu.

[She pries the doors open with all their might, revealing the captives]

Charlotte: Everybody okay in here?

Macquarie: Charlotte! Julie!

Cathy: And four of the Kaleido Gladiators!

Kate: Wow. That was fast.

[Anna approaches her parents and breaks the chains and shackles binding them, then embraces her parents]

Anna: Mom, Dad, I'm sorry you had to see me like this.

Jack: Don't be. Anna, you-- A Kaleido Gladiator. That's an honor.

Mrs. Heart: Yeah. You have a job protecting the whole planet. There's nothing embarrassing about that.

Anna: [turns to her clown team] And you guys,...

Barbara: Don't worry about it, Anna.

Hannah: I think being a Gladiator is a great honor.

[Anna smiles]

[Zuzu sets Sarah and Kalos free]

Sarah: Zuzu, you beauty.

Kalos: So you're the Gladiator who took over for my wife, eh?

Zuzu: That I am, Kalos.

Sarah: She sure has improved a lot over the past year.

[Mia and Pamela set all the others free]

Jerry: Thanks a lot, Mia. But where's Sora?

Mia: She's with the others. I'll let her know. [to her wristband] Sora, we got the prisoners, and we're...

[Static is heard]

Mia: What the hell?

Pamela: [to her wristband] Can anyone hear me?

Zuzu: [to her wristband] Zuzu to Layla. We saved the prisoners!

Anna: [to her wristband] Why aren't these things working?

Talon: [through the Iron Wyvern's radio; laughs] Sorry, but I've blocked all communication to and from the Iron Wyvern, as well as all exits.

Pamela: It's Talon!

Talon: You just hit the jackpot, Ivory Eagle. And there's more.

[The whole area begins to vibrate]

Yume: Wh-Wh-Wh-What's going on?!

Mia: Talon must be controlling the Iron Wyvern!

Pamela: You don't think she's gonna...?

[Outside, the Iron Wyvern rises to the sky and fires a blast of red energy at the Sephira Ultra Robo, hitting it]

Shido: What the--? Who's piloting the Iron Wyvern?!

Tohka: I don't know, but we can't destroy it. There's innocent people inside!

[Cut to the Mega Star Borg's cockpit]

Layla: Tohka's right, but what can we do?

Myaza: The only thing you can do is watch and weep as your Mega Star Borg attacks the Iron Wyvern!

Sora: WHAT?!

[Outside, the Mega Star Borg fires its Six-Wing Flash at the Iron Wyvern; the Iron Wyvern narrowly dodges]

Talon: [from the Iron Wyvern] Now, that's pretty harsh, Gladiators, trying to go so far as to kill your loved ones.

[Tomahawk wraps the Sephira Ultra Robo in tentacles and pins them to the ground; the Iron Wyvern fires missiles at it, hitting it]

Tohka: Layla, we can't get loose! We're stuck!

[Cut to the Mega Star Borg's cockpit]

Layla: I don't know what I can do!

Myaza: I know what: Nothing!

[Outside, Tomahawk approaches the Mega Star Borg]

Tomahawk: Looks like you're in quite a pickle, Gladiators.

Layla: We won't let you get away with this, Tomahawk!

Tomahawk: Oh, but I have, and there's no stopping me now. At last, Golden Phoenix, you're mine!

[She suddenly vanishes]

Layla: Where'd she go?!

Brittany: What's the deal with her disappearing like that?

Sora: [gets out of her seat] I don't know, but I'm not gonna sit around to find out. I gotta stop that Wyvern!

Layla: Sora, you can't!

Myaza: [laughs] You must have a death wish if you're going out there to save your family. Go ahead. It won't do you any good.

Sora: Shut up, Myaza! [clenches her fists] There are children aboard that craft, you sick monster! Trying to kill all those people and pinning it all on us-- You Treacherous Demonoids are nothing but a bunch of cowards!

Myaza: We'll do whatever it takes to eliminate you Gladiators. It's just a lot easier this way.

Sora: [presses the flashing Mega button on her Kaleido Booster] Save your excuses!

[She assumes Mega Mode, then flies out of the Mega Star Borg's cockpit]

Layla: Sora...

Brittany: Layla, you should go, too. Your dad needs you.

Layla: But, Brittany,--

May: We'll find a way to lure Myaza out of the Mega Star Borg.

[Layla thinks for a moment, then smiles]

Layla: You girls better be careful.

[She flies out of the cockpit; May takes the front seat]

May: Okay, ladies. Let's get to work.

Rosetta, Marion, and Brittany: Yes, ma'am!

[Back at the Nickar, Tomahawk appears, back in her normal size, but still in her mutated state]

Tomahawk: Hey! What am I doing back here?!

LN: [enters] I was the one who withdrew you.

Tomahawk: LN!

LN: What were you thinking, you zealot?!

Tomahawk: I had the Golden Phoenix! I was about to kill her! The plan was working perfectly until you got in my way!

LN: Master Westcott will tell you when to kill her. Until then, his orders are absolute!

[She strikes Tomahawk w/her blade]

Tomahawk: No one bosses me around!

[She unleashes a burst of flames from her pike at LN, hitting her]

Tomahawk: Tell Westcott that I'm nobody's pawn!

LN: Enough! Haven't you forgotten? Your mission is to destroy all the Gladiators!

Tomahawk: And if that mission is done, so will my team be!

LN: Oh, so you figured it out. You're right. Listen, Tomahawk. There's no honor as great as a Demonoid warrior.

Tomahawk: Bullshit! We've already captured them and are forcing them to kill the captives. I should be entitled to immortality once I destroy their leader.

LN: Immortality, eh?

Tomahawk: You and Westcott created me. There must be a way.

[LN says nothing]

Tomahawk: Speak up!

LN: Listen to me and listen good, Tomahawk. Immortality... is non-existent.

[Westcott enters]

Tomahawk: Westcott, your #2 withdrew me from battle when I was about to win!

Westcott: The only thing you were about to do was foil your team's plan. And for that, this is your punishment.

[He zaps Tomahawk in the head with a burst of energy]

Tomahawk: What is this?!

Westcott: Your overzealous thoughts should hinder you no longer.

[Tomahawk growls]

Westcott: Now, go back to Arzenal and finish the job.

[Tomahawk vanishes]

LN: Sir, what about the city? It's unguarded at the moment.

Westcott: Unfortunately, without Delta or Epsilon, we can't send anymore Demonoids. But I'm certain Argon can keep ACME busy.

LN: You're not thinking...?

Westcott: Just trust me.

[He approaches Argon's chambers]

Westcott: Argon, it's time. Keep the rest of ACME occupied so they won't jump in to help the Gladiators or the Spirit Soldiers.

Argon: I can't go into battle when I'm in so much pain.

Westcott: [extracts his syringe] You can after I administer this. But remember, this is all I've got now.

[He injects Argon]

Argon: Much better. [sighs] I'll deal with the Spider Riders first. They crippled my old master, and now it's time for revenge!

[He vanishes]

Westcott: Hmm. Still loyal to the old bag, is he?

[New York City, 8:40pm]

[Argon appears, hovering over the city]

Argon: If I'm going down, I'm taking the Spider Riders and the city with me!

[He fires lasers from his eyes (including his third) at the city grounds; citizens panic and run as several vehicles and whatnot explode]

[Back at the warehouse, the alarm blares]

Theodore: The alarm! The others must've dragged the Treacherous Three out of Arzenal!

Simon: [opens a channel to the attack on the city] Not quite, Theodore. It's Argon! He's attacking the city!

Alvin: [growls] That contemptible creeper! Taking advantage of the Gladiators' and Spirit Soldiers' absence to lure us out. [to his manacle] Hunter, do you copy? Argon's on the rampage.

Hunter: I saw. I've called the other Spider Riders and Lady Noia. Meet us at Park Avenue on the double! I've already sent my dad to man the lab at your warehouse.

Alvin: We're on our way. [to his brothers] Simon, Theodore, let's go to work!

[His brothers nod; all three exit]

Jeanette: We'll monitor the Gladiators in the meantime.

[Park Avenue, 8:45pm]

[The Spider Riders and their Battle Spiders charge into the street where Argon awaits]

Argon: I've been expecting you, Spider Riders.

Hunter: Save your small talk, Argon. We're here to finally shut you down.

Corona: Don't think we haven't forgotten the fact that you killed a magician's fiancé and his family.

Aqune: Including two children, no less!

Alvin: Plus, you kidnapped Dark Magician Girl's sisters to harness their power.

Argon: All under Prescott's name. Now he's comatose, thanks to you!

[He fires lasers at the Spider Riders, who narrowly dodge]

Argon: It's because of you that all I've done for Prescott have been for nothing! Now, under Westcott's wing, it's as if I don't exist anymore. Which is why I must destroy you and avenge Prescott, so as I can prove my worth once again!

Lumen: You can try, but in the end, you still gotta answer for your actions, you sick backstabber! [charges at Argon w/his blade] Like what you did to my people!

[He strikes Argon w/his blade]

Argon: You bothersome prince. Don't you understand that it's because of you choosing to stay in the Outer World that your old home was attacked?

Lumen: You dare pin your attack of my people on me?! The refugees told me that there was nothing us Spider Riders could've done, even if we were there. That attack was unavoidable, and my troops in Arachna tried their best. Besides, we chose to stay in the Outer World so we could help fight crime. Apparently, one of Alto's attacks here had us all too distracted to deal with you in the Inner World.

Argon: Pretty strong words, Prince Lumen. But you can't change the past!

Lumen: It doesn't matter, because my people are safe, and the Inner World will be restored. But first, it's time we destroyed you!

[He is about to strike Argon in the third eye w/his blade, when Argon knocks him back w/his tentacles]

Hunter: Lumen!

Corona: Where'd he get those tentacles?

Argon: [unleashes even more tentacles upon the Spider Riders] I've always had them!

[He binds all eight Spider Riders and their Battle Spiders in the tentacles]

Argon: These were the very same tentacles I used to trap the last of Alto's trash in the exploding base before I left them there to die.

Simon: You sicko!

Sparkle: You're not gonna get away with this, Argon!

[Argon laughs maniacally]

[Back at Arzenal, Tomahawk reappears]

Tomahawk: Screw you, Westcott. You and LN. Golden Phoenix, you're mine!

[She notices Sora and Layla flying toward the Iron Wyvern]

Tomahawk: Perfect!

[She takes to the sky]

[All the while, the Iron Wyvern and the Mega Star Borg continue trading shots and taking hits; on board the Iron Wyvern, the other four Gladiators head for the bridge]

Zuzu: Mia, you're the tech geek. Think of something!

Mia: I may be smart, but I'm not as tech-savvy as Simon is.

[She presses buttons on the control panel to scan for Talon]

Mia: Talon's virus may be strong, but I'm sure the Treacherous Three don't have the energy to infect a whole machine. [extracts a flash drive from her pocket] Never thought I'd get to use this thing.

Pamela: A flash drive?

Mia: It comes with an antivirus program Tyler Steele created.

Anna: When did you get that?

Mia: After the battle against Diaboromon three years ago, Mr. Steele gave one to each team, in case another virus should pop up somewhere, like now.

[She attaches the drive to the controls]

Mia: [types on the keyboard] The way I see it, we can at least weaken Talon enough so we can finally get out, thereby giving the others the chance to destroy this thing.

Talon: I won't allow you! Bandersnatch, attack!

[An army of Bandersnatch 2.0 units appear and charge at the Gladiators]

Mia: Crap!

Anna: Leave these clowns to us, Mia!

Zuzu: In the meantime, you get that antivirus working!

[She and Zuzu assume Mega Mode and fight the Bandersnatch w/their weapons; Pamela joins in]

Pamela: I may be the only Gladiator without a Mega Mode, but I'm just about as strong as the others!

[Outside the Wyvern, Sora flies nearer and nearer]

Sora: Hang on, everyone. Mom. Dad. Yume. Mr. Policeman. Kate. Ken. Luci.

Layla: [flies in hot pursuit] Sora!

Sora: [stops and turns back] Layla?

[Layla approaches her teammate]

Sora: Why are you following me? What about the others?

Layla: I'm sure they'll find a way to drive Myaza out of the Mega Star Borg. I wanna help you save the people in that Wyvern.

Sora: Layla, I know your dad is among these victims, but I--

Layla: Sora, what kind of leader would I be if I didn't jump in to help my pride and joy?

Sora: [tearfully] Layla...

[She nods; both friends fly toward the Iron Wyvern, when suddenly, Tomahawk appears, blocking their path]

Tomahawk: Not so fast, Glads!

Layla and Sora: Tomahawk!

Tomahawk: [charges at the two Gladiators] Outta my way, Angel! The Golden Phoenix is mine!

[She points her pike at Sora, but Layla intercepts with her Phoenix Saber]

Layla: Go, Sora!

Sora: Right! Good luck, Layla!

[She flies toward the Iron Wyvern]

Layla: Tomahawk, out of my way!

Tomahawk: Not until my mission to destroy you has succeeded!

[They fight w/their weapons rigorously as they fly toward the Iron Wyvern; on board the Wyvern, Pamela, Zuzu, and Anna continue fighting the Bandersnatch while Mia continues with the antivirus program]

Mia: [in her mind] If this antivirus succeeds, it's sure to eject Myaza from the Mega Star Borg.

Pamela: We're not letting this mecha blow up with those people inside!

Zuzu: You Demonoids have caused us enough pain! It's time we returned the favor!

[Outside the bridge, Charlotte, Julie, and the guests have overheard the fight from behind the closed door]

Julie: Listen to them, guys. They're so determined!

Charlotte: Julie, I can't just stand here and feel useless. We gotta get in there.

Macquarie: If that's the case, I'd like to fight with you.

Cathy: So do I. If most of you could join the cast when they first performed Swan Lake at Kaleido Stage, I don't see why we shouldn't help the Gladiators fight their enemies.

Sarah: That's right. Plus, I used to be a Gladiator myself. It'll be an honor to fight with my old friends again.

Yuri: Count me in, too. Leon?

Leon: Oui. To stand idly by would be a grave mistake.

Ken: Then I'm fighting with you.

Luci: So am I, Ken.

Li: We want in, too! My siblings and I helped the Gladiators before.

Rest of May's siblings: Yeah!

[The others agree indistinctly; suddenly, an arrow bursts through the wall three feet away from them; they notice; bursting through the wall is Sora]

Sora: Everyone okay here?

Charlotte and Julie: Sora!

Jerry: Sora?!

Yume: I knew you'd make it, Big Sis!

[She and Sora embrace]

Midori: Sora,... You're a Kaleido Gladiator?

Chikara: I... I don't know what to say.

Sora: Mom, Dad, I wanted to tell you, but I couldn't risk endangering your lives, or Yume's. That's why Yume swore to keep it a secret.

Jerry: Sora,...

Sora: Please understand, Mr. Policeman. I had to keep it a secret for your own good.

[Her three friends from Japan are shocked]

Manami: Sora,...

Sora: It's okay, Manami. When I first became a Gladiator, I was pretty shocked, too.

Manami: Actually, I was talking about your uniform.

Sayaka: Yeah, it looks pretty.

Miki: You're like a real angel.

Sora: Oh. Alvin designed it. Same for the other Gladiators.

Charlotte: Sora, we wanna help you fight. Four of the other Gladiators are fighting an army of Bandersnatch behind these doors and appear to be outnumbered.

Sora: Sorry, Charlotte, but it's just too dangerous.

Sarah: We're all well aware of the danger, Sora. But we want to fight, anyway.

Mute: Remember when you performed your Angel's Maneuver in Swan Lake?

Alice: It gave everyone the urge to perform with you.

Mr. Pack: Besides, if we all work together, we can finally get outta here.

Jack: Uh, wouldn't it be easier to just go through that hole Sora burst through?

Ann: While still up in the sky? Not a chance.

Sora: Once we eject Talon from this mecha's programming, Charlotte and Julie will do the honors of evacuating everyone while the rest of us take care of the Demonoids.

Charlotte and Julie: Gotcha!

Sora: All right! Everyone ready?!

Everyone else: YEAH!!

[They all barge into the bridge and join Pamela, Zuzu, and Anna in fighting the Bandersnatch army]

Zuzu: I knew you'd join in, Sarah!

Sarah: I trained you well, Zuzu. It never hurts to fight alongside my replacement.

[They both backflip and kick four Bandersnatch units in their emblems, destroying them; Kalos and Yuri join them in fighting another dozen]

Kalos: Don't even think of leaving your hubby outta the fun, Sarah!

Yuri: Or your hubby's partner! [in his mind] My father would've enjoyed this if he were still around.

Pamela: Pack?!

Mr. Pack: [juggles his daggers before tossing them at half a dozen Bandersnatch] You fight real hard for us. Let us return the favor, Pamela!

[The six Bandersnatch get struck in the emblem and explode]

Tank: [trips up six more Bandersnatch w/his kegs] We may not be Gladiators like you, but we can still whup some ass!

Milo: [kicks a Bandersnatch in the emblem] Plus, finding these robots' weakness...

Mila: [does the same] ...is as easy as pie!

Dominique: [flips a unit on its back] You're our inspiration, Pammy!

Dio: [strikes another four units w/his whip] Thanks to you, we're not afraid of taking on the Demonoids!

Pamela: You guys...

[The red Mega button on her Kaleido Booster flashes]

Pamela: You hear that, Talon?! Normal civilians can fight back! All of mankind is capable!

Talon: Oh, shut up! [groans all of a sudden] What's this?! What's happening to me?!

Mia: Yes! The antivirus was a success!

Talon: NO!

[Talon herself reappears, now in her mutated form]

Talon: How?! How could my virus have failed?!

Pamela: [pushes the red Mega button] Why don't you save your whining for your teammates in Hell?! Mega Armor, activate!

[Her body glows silver; she gains eagle-esque armor; her wings expand and glow brightly; her crossbow takes on a new shape; she gains a silver falcata sword: The Ivory Falcata]

Pamela: Mega-Armored Gladiator!

Sora: Yes! Pamela's got her own Mega Mode now!

Mia: I knew she would!

Pamela: Talon! Our battle ends here!

Talon: [whips out her pike] We'll see about that!

[They fight rigorously w/their weapons]

Sora: Now for the rest of the Bandersnatch!

Yume: I got this one, Big Sis!

[She trips up a unit, then punches its emblem, destroying it]

Sora: Attagirl, Yume!

[Both sisters hi-five]

Jerry: Lemme give you dim-bulb bots a taste of police brutality!

[He strangles a pair of units, then pile-drives them to the ground and stomps on their emblems]

[One by one, the gang (including Mia) continues wiping out Bandersnatch, until finally, every last unit is destroyed, except for four]

Sora: Only four left. Let's end this!

Mia, Anna, and Zuzu: [assume Mega Mode] Mega Armor, activate!

[They convert to Mega Mode]

Sora: Blade of Hope, Angelic Strike!

Mia: Platinum Pike, Pixie Strike!

Anna: Geo Glaive, Ground Strike!

Zuzu: Harmony Falchion, Melodious Strike!

[They strike the remaining Bandersnatch w/their weapons, destroying them]

[The captives cheer]

Charlotte: [takes the controls] Okay, guys. As part of the plan, it's time to evacuate!

[Julie gathers all the other kidnapped civilians together, then joins Charlotte; Charlotte hits the transportation button, transporting all other civilians out of the Iron Wyvern]

Charlotte: Okay, Gladiators. The rest is up to you.

Julie: We'll keep an eye on them.

[They step at the spot where the captives were before transportation]

Sora: Thanks for the help, guys.

[She hits the transport button, transporting Charlotte and Julie out of the Iron Wyvern]

Pamela: Well, Talon, there's no one left but us Gladiators and you!

Talon: I'll work better on my own!

[She strikes Pamela w/her pike, but Pamela strikes back w/her falcata]

Pamela: Mega Ivory Crossbow, Silver Eagle Arrow!

[She fires a flaming steel arrow from her crossbow at Talon, which takes the form of a giant silver eagle and strikes Talon savagely toward the control console, causing it to explode; Talon hits the ground]

Talon: [struggles to get back on her feet] You goddamn Gladiator! I'll make you and your friends pay! Pyro Pike, Inferno Fury!

[She spins her pike, firing a powerful blast at Pamela, who absorbs the blast w/her shield]

Pamela: Ready for a dose of your own medicine?!

[She transfers the energy she absorbed into her falcata and raises it to the sky]

Pamela: Ivory Falcata, STEEL STRIKE!

[She bisects Talon w/her falcata; Talon screams and splits in half, along with her computer chip; she falls to the ground, and a massive explosion is shown]

Pamela: Let's get outta here, Gladiators!

Mia: [grabs the flash drive] Right!

[All five Gladiators fly out of the Iron Wyvern; Pamela notices the Sephira Ultra Robo trapped in tentacles]

Mukuro: Hey, Glads! Little help here?!

Pamela: [slices the tentacles off] Hang on!

[The Sephira Ultra Robo is set free]

Pamela: The Iron Wyvern is completely empty, Spirit Soldiers! Take it out!

[Cut back to the Sephira Ultra Robo's cockpit]

Shido: Thanks!

All 12 Spirit Soldiers: Sephira Ultra Robo, Emission Strike!

[Outside, the Sephira Ultra Robo stabs the Iron Wyvern w/its spear, then removes its; the Iron Wyvern slowly cracks and electrifies, then engulfs in a massive explosion]

Myaza: [from the Mega Star Borg] NO! Spirit Soldiers, you'll pay for this dearly!

[The Mega Star Borg tackles the Sephira Ultra Robo to the ground and punches it w/its Angelic Dual Knuckle Strike; the Sephira Ultra Robo disengages into the 11 Sephira Voyagers and land on the ground; the Spirit Soldiers fall out of the cockpits and land on the ground]

Shido: Damn it, Myaza!

[The other Gladiators approach]

Sora: Are you all okay?

Kotori: We're fine, but Myaza's completely lost it this time.

Origami: To add to that, the Sephira Voyagers are out of commission.

Pamela: Then it's time to call for backup. Ivory Star Borg, deploy now!

Mia: MechaBeetle, deploy now!

[The Ivory Star Borg and MechaBeetle (in Fighter Mode) charge into the scene and try to restrain the Mega Star Borg]

Sora: I'll go and find Layla!

[She heads out]

[Cut back to the Mega Star Borg's cockpit w/the remaining four Gladiators; Mia, Anna, and Zuzu enter]

Brittany: Took you guys long enough!

May: Where's Sora and Layla?

Anna: Sora went to find Layla.

Zuzu: I'm sure they'll both be back.

Mia: In the meantime, it's time to cure this mecha of its virus.

[She inserts the flash drive, then initiates the antivirus program]

Myaza: Don't think a little antivirus will destroy me!

Mia: Oh, we don't think. We know!

[Back on the ground, Layla and Tomahawk continue fighting]

Tomahawk: Golden Phoenix, you really know how to make a Demonoid angry!

Layla: Enough of your bullshit, Tomahawk! You're already down one more member, so you should just surrender!

Tomahawk: Those foolish teammates of mine-- I couldn't care less! They were fools! Your fellow Gladiators, however, only got lucky.

Layla: No!

[She smacks Tomahawk w/the back of the blade of her saber]

Layla: My team and I won because we always had the strength within us. We just had to find it.

Tomahawk: Oh, you think so, huh?

Layla: I know so!

Tomahawk: Cliches, cliches, cliches. Don't you ever get tired of that sh*t?!

[She gathers dark energy around her and focuses it in the palms of her hands]

Tomahawk: Demonoid Cataclysm!

[She unleashes a large ball of energy at Layla]

Layla: Phoenix Shield!

[She shields herself w/her wings, but the blast bursts through and strikes her hard; Layla hits the ground and drops her saber]

Tomahawk: This new power Westcott gave me is the one thing for which I can give him credit. But I'll never forgive him for using my team as pawns in his sick plan to gain power from Argon.

Layla: What?

Tomahawk: So you don't know, eh? The Treacherous Ten were created with Argon's DNA. Isaac Westcott created us solely to deplete Argon's life force so as to claim his power.

Layla: That bastard!

Tomahawk: I know. I hate him, too. But I'm not gonna go out until I destroy you, and then him.

Layla: [struggles to reach for her saber] While I greatly deplore Westcott's actions, you're still a serious threat to ACME. No. To the whole world! That's why I plan to take you out!

[Nobody has noticed that the civilians have been watching, especially Mr. Hamilton]

Tomahawk: [snickers] You're more hard-headed than I expected, Phoenix. [as her pike ignites] It's time for you to meet your doom!

[She charges at Layla, who grits her teeth; suddenly, her father charges in and intercepts Tomahawk's pike]

Tomahawk: You again!

Layla: Father?

Mr. Hamilton: You dare attempt to bring harm to my daughter?!

Tomahawk: That's rather foolish of you, senselessly risking your life to protect her, even though you've hardly ever been there for her.

Mr. Hamilton: You're wrong, Tomahawk! I may have had a very busy schedule, but I've always been there for Layla in spirit. I support her career, not only as a star, but as a defender of mankind!

Layla: Oh, Father. [struggles to regain her footing] Leave this to me.

Tomahawk: Don't even bother!

[She tosses her pike at Layla, but her father pushes her out of the way and gets struck in the chest; Layla's eyes widen with horror; Tomahawk smirks smugly; Mr. Hamilton hits the ground, blood slowly coming out]

Layla: Father... [bursts into tears and lifts her head up to the sky] NO!!!!!

Layla: Next time: The Amazing Challenge Pt. 3: Endgame.

Last edited by TVLubber (7/04/2023 5:10 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera