ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/25/2019 11:12 pm  #1

Side-Fic 313: The Amazing Challenge Pt. 3: Endgame

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Layla: Be sure to turn on the lights while you're watching the show, and don't sit too close to the monitor.

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Clips from the previous side-fic are shown]

[Park Avenue, Sunday, March 31st, 8:56pm]

[Argon still has the Spider Riders and their Battle Spiders wrapped in tentacles and laughs maniacally]

Argon: As the true top demon of Prescott Vorstein's army, my victory over the Spider Riders was inevitable. Now, for a little home-field advantage. Escalate to the Realm of Misery!

[His third eye glows, but nothing happens]

Argon: What? Why isn't my dimensional warp working? [growls] Whoever's been draining me of my powers must have drained so much, I can no longer warp between dimensions. Yes. I should've known. Oh, well. You can't have everything, can you?

[He zaps the Spider Riders with red lightning from his eyes]

Alvin: Man, he's much stronger than he was the last time I fought him.

Hunter: Not to mention, he's up against all eight of us.

Lumen: And where the hell's Lady Noia? She should've been here by now.

Argon: If I were you, I'd think less of that foolhardy bitch and more of--

[Suddenly, a familiar blast hits him; the blast came from Lady Noia Lya (as the Vespa Valkyrie) on her Vespa]

Noia: Excuse me, but did someone just call me a foolhardy bitch?

Argon: You!

[He fires lightning at Noia, who, while riding, dodges each blast, then breaks the others free from Argon's tentacles]

Noia: Sorry I took so long, guys, but my Vespa ran outta gas. I had to get it refilled.

Lumen: As long as you're here, it's all right.

Hunter: Now that all nine of us are here, let's put Argon's lights out once and for all.

All eight Spider Riders: [attach their Ultra Enhancers to their manacles] Ultra Mode, energize!

[They merge with their spiders and assume Super Mode, then convert to Ultra Mode]

Hunter: Courage of the Oracle! Ultra Spider Rider Hunter!

Corona: Charity of the Oracle! Ultra Spider Rider Corona!

Aqune: Strength of the Oracle! Ultra Spider Rider Aqune!

Lumen: Stealth of the Oracle! Ultra Spider Rider Lumen!

Sparkle: Speed of the Oracle! Ultra Spider Rider Sparkle!

Simon: Knowledge of the Oracle! Ultra Spider Rider Simon!

Theodore: Honor of the Oracle! Ultra Spider Rider Theodore!

Alvin: Might of the Oracle! Crimson Rider! Ultra Spider Rider Alvin!

Spider Riders: Super Spider Riders, Ultra Mode!

Noia: Vespa Armor, activate!

[Her Vespa transforms into armor and combines with Noia; Noia's sword becomes a gold lance; her wings grow larger, and she gains two more]

Noia: Yep. I can assume my Super Valkyrie form, even in my normal size.

Lumen: Very impressive.

Argon: [growls] If I'm going down, I'm taking the Spider Riders with me!

[Meanwhile, back at Arzenal, Sora looks around for Layla]

Sora: Layla? Layla! Please tell me you're all right. [to her wristband] Layla, come in. Can you read me this time?

Layla: [through wristband] Sora, I'm in the middle of the forest.

Sora: Thank God. Wait, why do you sound so sad?

Layla: I'll explain when you get here.

[Sora flies to the middle of the forest to find Layla tearfully looking down at her father's body; Tomahawk wipes the blood off her pike and smiles smugly]

Sora: [gasps in shock] Oh, my God...

[The other civilians approach her]

Kalos: Tomahawk was about to stab Layla while she was down, Sora. Mr. Hamilton pushed his daughter out of the way and took the brunt.

Sora: [tearfully] Poor Layla.

Mr. Hamilton: [weakly] Layla,...

Layla: Hang in there, Father. I'll get help fast!

Mr. Hamilton: Don't bother. I don't have much time.

Layla: What were you thinking?

Mr. Hamilton: I had to jump in. All the Kaleido Gladiators likely would've ended up dead if you were killed first. You still have a chance against Tomahawk. I know you do. Your mother would've loved to have seen this.

Layla: [sniffles] Father...

Mr. Hamilton: I love you so much, my little Golden Phoenix.

Layla: I love you, too, Father.

[Mr. Hamilton breathes one last breath, then closes his eyes and collapses; Layla buries her face in her hands and starts sobbing]

Tomahawk: [snickers] If it's any consolation, Layla Hamilton, you're about to be reunited with your mother and your father!

[She is about to strike Layla, when Sora fires an arrow at her, knocking the pike out of her hands and out of sight]

Tomahawk: [growls] Damn you, Angel of Hope! [flies away] I'll be back for you, Golden Phoenix! Don't go anywhere!

[Sora runs up to Layla]

Sora: Layla!

Layla: [looks up at Sora] Sora...

[They embrace]

Sora: I'm really sorry about your dad. But you have to remember, he didn't just save you so you could fight back against Tomahawk. He saved you so you could live on. He'd have wanted it. Your mom would have, too, if she were still around.

Layla: I know, but the pain... I can't bear to lose someone else I hold dear, just because I'm a Gladiator.

[Suddenly, Spirit Soldier Violet walks up to her]

Tohka: Stop saying that about yourself, Layla!

Layla: Tohka?

Tohka: Tomahawk didn't kill your father because you were a Gladiator. She killed him out of pure hate. She let her hatred for you take control. Plus, Westcott drove her out of her mind. You can't let what Tomahawk did take control of your emotions. Your sadness and anger will only put your own life at risk. Still, you have to fight back, Layla. Do it for your father!

[Suddenly, Tomahawk flies back into the scene, pike on hand]

Tomahawk: All right, Phoenix! It's time for you to join your father!

[Layla notices her; she wipes her tears and releases herself from Sora's embrace; she picks up her saber]

Layla: Tohka, your words couldn't be more heartwarming. [raises her saber] Tomahawk! I swear to you that my father's death will be avenged!

[She pushes the flashing mega button on her Kaleido Booster]

Layla: Mega Armor, activate!

[She assumes Mega Mode]

Layla: Mega-Armored Gladiator!

Tomahawk: Two can play at that game!

[She assumes her mutated form]

Tomahawk: To the finish, Golden Phoenix!

[She and Layla fight rigorously w/their weapons]

Sora: That's my Layla.

[She looks up at the Mega Star Borg, which is trying to break free from the Ivory Star Borg and MechaBeetle's hold]

Sora: [to her wristband] Mia, do you read me? How's the antivirus coming?

[Cut to the Mega Star Borg's cockpit]

Mia: Apparently, Myaza must be stronger-willed than Talon was. She's trying to slow the program down!

[Cut back outside; the Mega Star Borg turns to Sora]

Myaza: Angel of Hope, I had the most ingenious plan anyone could ever think of. I was so close to finally making the Treacherous Ten great again. But once you broke into the Iron Wyvern and helped set the captives free, everything was ruined! And for that, your teammates will suffer! Initiate self-destruct mechanism! Seal all exits!

P.A.: Self-destruct in 30 seconds and counting.

Myaza: Once this mecha blows up, I'll download my virus into the Ivory Star Borg and destroy the rest of you with it! As for your teammates, they have no hope of escaping alive!

Sora: [clenches her fists] You bitch! [takes to the sky] You're gonna regret that!

Midori: Sora!

Chikara: Be careful!

Yume: You can do it, Big Sis!

Sora: [flies toward the Mega Star Borg] Guys, can you scan for her?

[Cut back to the cockpit]

Brittany: Let me help, Sora. [gains her DreamScope visor] DreamScope!

[She scans the Mega Star Borg for Myaza; she finds Myaza embedded in the chest of the Mega Star Borg]

Brittany: The chest! Sora, aim for the chest!

[Cut back outside]

Sora: Got it!

[She whips out a glowing white arrow; she draws back the string of her bow and aims the arrow for the Mega Star Borg's chest]

Sora: Myaza, Layla's dad would still be alive were it not for your sick scheme. This is payback! Mega Arrow of Hope, Celestial Shot!

[She shoots the arrow at the Mega Star Borg's chest, striking Myaza]

Myaza: [screams] NO!!!

[Back in the cockpit, the antivirus speeds up until it finally reaches 100% with only two seconds left on the self-destruction clock]

P.A.: Self-destruct mechanism aborted. All exits unlocked.

Mia: She did it! Way to go, Sora!

[Angel of Hope is heard in the background]

[Outside, Myaza falls out of the Mega Star Borg and lands on the ground]

Myaza: I'm gonna make you regret that, Sora Naegino!

[She assumes her mutated form and whips out her pike, then flies toward Sora; Sora and Myaza fight w/their weapons]

Sora: Thanks to Mia's antivirus, not only is the Mega Star Borg protected from any reinfection, but you've lost all your virus powers.

Myaza: I don't need a virus to kill you!

Sora: We'll see!

[She tackles Myaza to the ground]

Kotori: [charges into the scene] I got your back, Sora!

[She fires blasts from her Spirit Pistol at Myaza, hitting her]

Sora: Kotori!

Kotori: The more, the merrier, I always say.

Myaza: Ifrit?!

Kotori: [whips out her lance] Spirit Lance, Flame Swing!

[She strikes Myaza w/her flaming lance]

Sora: [inputs a code on her booster] 4-1-0! Camael!

[She gets equipped w/Kotori's angel Camael (in halberd form)]

Kotori: [laughs] I haven't forgotten about my angel. Nice work, Sora.

Myaza: [unleashes a barrage of black feathers upon Sora and Kotori] Off with the both of you!

Sora: [spins Camael around to repel the feathers] Not a chance!

[She strikes Myaza w/Camael]

Sora: Megiddo!

[Camael takes the form of Megiddo (cannon formation)]

Sora: Myaza, this is for all the pain you tried to cause my family and friends! FIRE!!

[Megiddo fires a massive blast at Myaza, who tries to shield herself w/dark energy from her pike, but Kotori leaps over her and stabs her in the back w/her lance, then pulls it back and jumps just before Myaza takes the blast hard; Meggido vanishes]

Kotori: She's all yours, Sora. Finish the bitch!

Myaza: No! Don't!

Sora: This finisher will see to it that you never endanger anyone ever again! [takes to the sky as her blade glows] Blade of Hope!

[She raises her blade high]

Sora: ANGELIC STRIKE!!

[She bisects Myaza w/her blade; Myaza screams, splits in half, falls to the ground, and a massive explosion is shown; after the smoke clears, all that is left of Myaza is a broken computer chip, which dissolves into dust]

Sora: Nine down, one to go! Thanks for the help, Kotori.

[She and Kotori hi-five]

[Back up in the sky, Layla's fight with Tomahawk continues]

Layla: Now you're the only one left, Tomahawk! It's time to say your prayers!

Tomahawk: I should say the same to you!

[Both strike each other w/their weapons]

[The fight continues over the next few minutes; all the while, from afar, a familiar figure watches the fight through binoculars]

Vivian: Hey, Ange! Quiz time! Can you guess who's gonna win that fight in the forest?

Ange: Lemme see that.

[She looks through the binoculars]

Ange: The famous Golden Phoenix-- Never thought she'd travel to this dimension.

Vivian: You think maybe we should help her?

Ange: No, Vivian. I'm sure she'll win this. Remember, she's a phoenix. The phoenix is immortal. No matter how many times she's brought down, she'll get back up again.

[She pats her friend on the head; Vivian smiles]

[Golden Phoenix is heard in the background]

[Back at the fight, Tomahawk knocks Layla to the ground]

Tomahawk: What's the matter, Phoenix? Giving up so soon? You disappoint me. Get up!

Layla: [gets back on her feet] No need to tell that to a phoenix.

Tomahawk: Then fight me!

[Suddenly, she gets struck in the back]

Tomahawk: Who dares...?!

[She turns around to find Tohka holding her Spirit Saber]

Tohka: You dare to insult the Golden Phoenix, just after you murdered her father?! You lousy asshole!

Tomahawk: Stay outta this, Princess! [points her pike at Tohka] Or do you wanna end up like her old man?

Layla: [inputs a code on her booster] 4-1-0! Sandalphon!

[The Throne of Annihilation rises; Layla pulls out the sword Sandalphon; she strikes Tomahawk with it just before she can strike Tohka]

Tohka: Layla...

Layla: [slices the throne to shards] Halvanhelev!

[The shards combine with Sandalphon to form Halvanhelev]

Tohka: Let's give her all we got! [raises her saber] Spirit Saber, Sephira Slash!

[She strikes Tomahawk w/her saber]

Layla: Full power!

[She swings Halvanhelev, releasing massive waves of energy upon Tomahawk, hitting her hard; Halvanhelev vanishes]

Layla: It all ends here, Tomahawk. Mega Phoenix Saber, ignite!

[Her saber ignites]

Tomahawk: Pyro Axe!

[Her pike assumes its axe formation; it ignites; both combatants fly up and raise their weapons, then strike; they let out a massive battle cry]

Tomahawk: GOODBYE, GOLDEN PHOENIX!

Layla: FOR MY FATHER!!

[She slices Tomahawk's axe w/her saber, then bisects Tomahawk herself]

Tomahawk: [gets electrified] You may have won this battle, Golden Phoenix, but our war is not over yet!

[She falls to the ground, and a massive explosion is shown]

[Back at the Nickar, Westcott has seen everything]

Westcott: Tomahawk can't go out until she's used up the last of Argon's energy. Fire the Giga Beam!

LN: [pushes the Giga Beam button] Right!

[Back at Arzenal, the Giga Beam hits the remains of Tomahawk from the sky, restoring and enlarging her]

Tomahawk: Destroy. I must destroy!

[She fires dark energy blasts at the ground; everyone narrowly dodges]

Tomahawk: My life is meaningless if I don't destroy the Kaleido Gladiators!

Layla: Time to get back to the mecha, Sora.

Sora: Right!

[They fly back into the Mega Star Borg's cockpit]

All 10 Gladiators: Giga Borg, begin transformation!

[Outside, the Mega Star Borg combines with the MechaBeetle to form the Giga Borg]

Tomahawk: I'll destroy you all, even if I have to die to do it! That's my purpose as leader of the Treacherous Ten! My pride!

Layla: Why not surrender while you can, Tomahawk? If not, then fight us! All right, Gladiators! Let's go all out!

[The Ivory Star Borg fires its Wing Cannons at Tomahawk, who repels the blasts w/her axe]

Gladiators: Kaleido Giga Burst!

[The Giga Borg fires its Giga Burst at Tomahawk, hitting her; she strikes both giant mecha w/her axe, then gathers more energy around her]

Tomahawk: I'll keep attacking you until my life force runs dry!

[She unleashes more energy upon the mecha, hitting them]

[Back at the city, Argon fights the Ultra Spider Riders and Super Vespa Valkyrie, but suddenly starts to feel weaker]

Argon: Why am I feeling so much pain?! No! The medicine! It's wearing off!

[Back at Arzenal, Tomahawk fires another blast of energy at the mecha, hitting them; the Giga Borg disengages back into the Mega Star Borg and MechaBeetle]

Layla: The way I see it, girls, we gotta wait until after she's maxed out her power to strike.

Sora: In other words, blow her up with her own energy?

May: But her energy is so strong.

Marion: Can our mecha withstand it?

Layla: [holds up a new sketch] Not individually, but just look at this sketch.

[Everyone takes a look]

Layla: Alvin had this planned out since he designed the MechaEagle.

Pamela: But why didn't he tell us?

Layla: This formation only works once all 10 of us have unlocked our Mega Modes. Pamela, since you finally succeeded in doing so, now's as good a time as any to bring all our mecha together.

Sora: Great idea, Layla! With this new combo, we'll have a chance!

Rosetta: But what if it doesn't work?

Layla: If it doesn't work,... we'll all blow up with Tomahawk.

[The other Gladiators are shocked]

Brittany: No matter what, Tomahawk won't stop attacking.

Zuzu: A lot of people are gonna die if we don't stop her.

Mia: Our mecha have never let us down before.

Anna: We just gotta have faith.

Layla: Trust me. This will be the best thing for all of us.

Sora: Then let's do it. It's a fight to the finish. We're the Kaleido Gladiators. We all have to take risks, just like at Kaleido Stage!

[The other eight nod]

Rosetta, Marion, May, and Brittany: [push the Mega button on their Kaleido Boosters] Mega Armor, activate!

[They all assume Mega Mode]

Brittany: Our Mega Armor should help, just in case.

Mia: Plus, what if this new combination requires us all to be in Mega Mode to be unlocked?

Layla: It's worth a try. All right, everybody! Let's bring them all together!

All 10: Combine!

[Outside, the Mega Star Borg, the Ivory Star Borg, and the MechaBeetle combine to form a new configuration:
The MechaEagle's wings attach to the back of the Mega Star Borg
KB7, KB8, and KB9 and the MechaEagle's wing cannons attach to the shoulders and forearms
The MechaBeetle attaches to the formation as armor]

[Cut to the (much larger) cockpit with all 10 Gladiators]

Gladiators: Kaleido Kaiser! Complete!

Tomahawk: A new combination?! Don't waste your time! You really think you can win?! I'm gonna take you all down with me!

[She consumes massive quantities of energy, then unleashes it all upon the Kaleido Kaiser, who absorbs the blast]

Tomahawk: More! MORE! MORE!!

[She unleashes even more energy upon the Kaleido Kaiser]

Tomahawk: I was born to destroy you! I'll die destroying you! Even at the cost of my own life, I will succeed where my teammates had failed!

[Back at the city, Argon groans in pain]

Argon: I can't... My life force...!

Hunter: Guys, it looks like he's weakening!

Corona: We gotta strike now!

[All eight Spider Riders whip out their Ultra Twin Blades and leap up]

Spider Riders: Ultra Twin Blades, Ultra Victory Strike!

[They all strike Argon w/their blades]

Noia: [strikes Argon w/her lance] Norse Lance!

Lumen: [whips out his own Blade of Light] My people! [stabs Argon's third eye w/his blade] This is for you!

[Argon screams as sparks fly from him; Lumen releases his blade]

Hunter: Ultra Spider Cannon!

[The Ultra Spider Cannon appears; all eight riders load their Spider Cells and all four Oracle Keys]

Argon: Just one more attack!

[He unleashes a large burst of red energy at the Spider Riders]

Spider Riders: FIRE!!

[The cannon fires a massive burst of multicolored light at Argon's energy burst; both bursts collide with each other]

[Back at the Nickar, Westcott is delighted at seeing both fights]

Westcott: Yes! Go, Tomahawk! Give them all you've got! [laughs maniacally]

[Back at Arzenal, Tomahawk fires an even larger energy burst at the Kaleido Kaiser]

[Cut to the cockpit; all 10 Gladiators brace themselves]

Layla: Hang on, everybody! Just a little more!

[Back at the city, Argon continues firing, but his energy burst starts to weaken]

Argon: WESTCOTT!!!

[As his energy burst dies down, the blast from the Ultra Spider Cannon hits him hard; Argon screams and engulfs in a massive explosion; the last bit of his energy suddenly flies out of the city and through a portal to Arzenal, where it melds with Tomahawk, causing her to enlarge even more just as she has used up all of her energy]

Tomahawk: What's happened?!

[Cut back to the Kaleido Kaiser's cockpit]

Layla: She's at her limit, girls! Let's finish her!

Sora: Focus all the energy we absorbed into the Kaleido Kaiser's finisher!

[Outside, the Kaleido Kaiser focuses all the energy it absorbed into its cannons and wings, then prepares to fire at Tomahawk]

All 10 Gladiators: Kaleido Kaiser, ULTIMATE STAR BURST!!

[Outside, the Kaleido Kaiser fires blasts from all of its cannons in a star formation at Tomahawk, hitting her hard; Tomahawk screams and engulfs in a massive explosion; her chip emerges from the explosion and gets vaporized]

[After the smoke clears, there is nothing left of Tomahawk]

Pamela: I don't see her anymore.

Sora: Is she finally gone?

[The sky clears up]

Layla: She's dead! The Treacherous Ten are history!

[They all cheer; back on the ground, the civilians and Spirit Soldiers cheer; the Kaleido Kaiser poses triumphantly]

[Back at Ange and Vivian's location, Vivian pumps her fist in the air]

Vivian: Oh, yeah! Quiz answer: The Golden Phoenix has won!

Ange: They all won, Vivian. All 10 of them. I really hope we get to fight by their side one day.

[Vivian's stomach growls]

Vivian: Man, I'm starving.

Ange: Good thing dinner's almost ready. Come on.

[They leave]

[Back at the forest, the Fraxinus flies in through a portal; the medical unit wraps Mr. Hamilton's body in a body bag]

Kotori: Nice of you to show up. Okay, everyone. This ship will take us back to New York. All aboard!

[Everyone boards the ship; the Fraxinus and the Kaleido Kaiser fly through the portal; the portal closes]

[Back at the city, after the smoke from the explosion clears, Argon is gone, for good; the Spider Riders and Noia revert to normal]

Alvin: We did it! Argon's finally history!

Hunter: And about time, too.

Aqune: But how did he run low on energy all of a sudden?

[Suddenly, a portal opens; the Kaleido Kaiser and the Fraxinus fly out and land before it closes]

Alvin: Hey! They're back!

[The Gladiators fly out of the Kaleido Kaiser's cockpit and land in front of the gang]

Hunter: No way! They all have Mega Modes now?!

Alvin: Then that means they've finally unlocked the Kaleido Kaiser.

Sora: We sure did, Alvin.

[All 10 Gladiators revert to normal]

Hunter: So I take it the last of the Treacherous Ten were eliminated?

Layla: Yes. [frowns] But...

Corona: But what? Layla, what's with the long face?

Layla: We have a lot to talk about over dessert at the warehouse. C'mon.

[Everyone heads inside]

[Back at the Nickar, the Xia twins enter the bridge with a metal box; they approach Westcott]

Westcott: Do you have Argon's heart?

Yu Fan: [opens the box] Yes, sir. We grabbed it before the smoke cleared.

[Westcott takes Argon's heart from the box]

Yu Lan: Argon never stood a chance.

Westcott: Thank you, ladies. You may return home. If I need you, I'll keep you posted.

Yu Fan and Yu Lan: Yes, sir.

[They exit the bridge; Savage enters]

Savage: Master Westcott, where's Argon? I haven't heard from him.

Westcott: Savage, I regret to tell you that this is all that's left of him.

[He shows Savage Argon's heart; he encases it in a tall device]

Savage: Who did this to him?

Westcott: The Spider Riders. The same team that killed your brother. But I'm sure his heart will give you the power you need to get your revenge.

Savage: I swear, sir, I'll make them pay one day. I'll be in the training room if you need me. [exits]

Westcott: [quietly] That fool has no idea how it really happened. The Spider Riders did indeed do the deed, but my Treacherous Ten plan was a success. They used up all their power, and in the process, weakened Argon enough for the Spider Riders to destroy him. The only thing they failed to do was destroy the Kaleido Gladiators. And their overzealousness became their undoing. Oh, well. Time to build my new army.

[132 Madison Street, 9:30pm]

[The gang (all back to normal), including the guests, is gathered for dessert; Kalos holds up a glass]

Kalos: Mr. Hamilton was a very special man, and wonderful father. Generous, reasonable, dependable, reliable, and most importantly, brave. He proved such when he gave his life to protect Layla. We'll all miss him.

[Everyone holds up their glasses]

Layla: Everyone, I appreciate your condolences. Now, I should remind you that despite all that has happened today, Kalos has informed me that we will not postpone our production of Swan Lake tomorrow night at Radio City Music Hall. [holds up her father's will] It also says so in my father's will. Besides, what better way to honor his memory?

Sora: That sounds like a good idea.

Layla: What's more, thanks to my father, we finally brought an end to the last of the Treacherous Ten.

[She walks up to the board with marked-off images of the Treacherous Ten and marks Talon, Myaza, and Tomahawk off; everyone else applauds]

Layla: And I won't miss them a bit. Now, to those of you who discovered we were the Kaleido Gladiators, it's imperative that you take a solemn oath, so as not to tell anyone else. Please raise your hands and repeat after me.

[All guests raise their hands]

Layla: I solemnly swear...

Guests: I solemnly swear...

Layla: ...to maintain the secret...

Guests: ...to maintain the secret...

Layla: ...of the true identities...

Guests: ...of the true identities...

Layla: ...of the Kaleido Gladiators.

Guests: ...of the Kaleido Gladiators.

Layla: Thank you. Now, how 'bout some cake and ice cream?

[She joins the table; Sora cuts the Boston cream cake]

Layla: So, Hunter, what have you been doing while we were gone?

Hunter: All I can say is the evil Argon is no more.

Layla: As I figured. Tomahawk told me she and her teammates were made from Argon's DNA, and that any energy they use drains Argon's life force.

Alvin: That explains why he kept weakening.

Corona: But what would Westcott have to gain from Argon's death?

Lumen: Whatever it is, it can't be cool.

Sparkle: But I'm sure whatever it is, we can take it.

Sora: [hands her sister a plate with a slice of cake with a side of chocolate ice cream] Here you go, Yume. Boston cream cake with a side of chocolate ice cream.

Yume: Thanks, Big Sis.

May: [hands her siblings each a slice w/ice cream] One at a time, kids. There's plenty of cake and ice cream to go around.

[Yuya and Zuzu share a slice; Sarah looks on at them with admiration, then smiles at Kalos, who smiles back]

[Apartment of Layla Hamilton, 11:43pm]

[Layla is in bed, looking up at the ceiling]

Layla: Father, you can rest in peace now. The Treacherous Ten are finally gone. But I'm really gonna miss you. Say hi to Mother for me.

[Sora enters]

Sora: Layla, are you okay?

Layla: Sora, aren't you supposed to be in bed?

Sora: I couldn't sleep. I just couldn't get what Tomahawk put you through out of my mind.

Layla: [sighs] Truth be told, I couldn't sleep, either. You can share my bed with me if you'd like.

Sora: I'd love to.

[She climbs into Layla's bed]

Sora: I'm also getting cold feet. I don't know if I'll be in top form for opening night tomorrow.

Layla: [turns to her friend] What happened to my pride and joy? The Sora Naegino who seldom let a tragedy get her down during a performance, or during a battle? You have a strong heart, Sora, like I do. You can pull through.

Sora: [tearfully] That's just like you, Layla. You say things so heartwarming, and you make it impossible for me to hold my tears back.

[She and Layla gaze into each other's eyes, then slowly lock their lips together for a kiss; they pull back and blush]

Layla: I love you, Sora.

Sora: [cries] I love you, too, Layla. I love you so much.

[They kiss again, but more passionately; their clothes are later scattered on the floor either side of the bed]

[Radio City Music Hall, Monday, April 1st, 7:00pm]

[At the theater, the cast of Kaleido Stage performs their production of Swan Lake; the guests watch from the audience; Shido's group (now joined by Mana) watch the show from backstage with the Chipmunks, the Chipettes, Yuya, Zuzu, and the cast of Theatrical Camp, whilst Layla, Mia, and Cathy watch from the control room]

[Later, in the climax of the performance, Leon lifts Sora up into the air; Sora quickly changes into her angel outfit and performs her role in the Angel's Maneuver gracefully; backstage, the rest of the cast is enamored]

Alvin: Go on, you guys. If you're that eager to perform with her, go ahead.

May: Only if you decide to join in, Alvin.

Rosetta: You, too, Brittany.

Alvin and Brittany: Oh, boy, would we?!

[They hi-five and join the remaining cast members and the cast of Theatrical Camp as they head back on stage and join Sora in her performance]

Sora: Hey, guys! Alvin! Brittany!

[Alvin and Brittany join Marion and Jonathan as they leap on the trampolines; Alvin performs his Crimson Eagle maneuver]

[Cut to the control room]

Cathy: That's the Crimson Eagle!

Layla: I knew Alvin still had it in him.

Mia: I'd better join in.

[She runs out]

Cathy: Go ahead, Layla. It only seems fair that you perform. Do it for your old man.

Layla: Thanks, Cathy.

[She runs out of the control room, kicks off her shoes, and leaps onto the trampoline; the crowd cheers]

Sora: Layla?!

Layla: Can't let you guys have all the fun. Save some for me!

[She strikes her Golden Phoenix pose]

Sora: [tearfully] Oh, Layla.

[Backstage, Tohka is also in tears]

Tohka: I knew she hadn't lost it.

Shido: Yep. That's Layla Hamilton.

Kotori: Her dad would be proud of her.

Tohka: Yeah. Real proud.

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Aqune: Finally, the Treacherous Ten saga is over. Now we can get to the Spider Riders' arc.

Hunter: It's pretty short, but it's also very important.

Corona: And it looks as though Savage is-- Wait a minute! How did he get in this show?!

Alvin: Next time: The Return of Quake, Part 1. Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Last edited by TVLubber (7/05/2023 5:52 am)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera