ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/28/2019 12:11 pm  #1

Side-Fic 314: The Return of Quake Pt. 1

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Alvin: Hi, everybody! The show's just about to start! Don't forget to watch in a brightly-lit room while you're watching, and don't sit too close to your monitor.

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[132 Madison Street, Saturday, June 1st, 2:33pm]

[The Chipmunks and the Chipettes are doing homework; Hunter and Tor walk up to them]

Hunter: What's up, you guys?

Tor: Tough homework assignment, eh?

Alvin: Lucky us this is all the homework we get over the weekend. We have to write a single-page composition on which period in history we'd have liked to have lived.

Brittany: I got one! If I were to back in time, I'd go back to the day after Christmas when they had that cool shoe sale, but I couldn't go, because I was out bowling with Origami.

[Her sisters scoff]

Jeanette: We're supposed to go farther back than that.

Brittany: I knew that.

Simon: I'd like to go back to the 1870s.

Alvin: Don't tell me.

Alvin and Theodore: Thomas Alva Edison.

Simon: Yeah, good point. How about when Ben Franklin invented bifocals?

Alvin: That would work.

Theodore: I'd like to go back to the first Thanksgiving. Remember when you guys helped me study for my American history test before summer vacation?

Alvin: Boy, do I ever.

Tor: What happened back then?

Simon: We told him about the pilgrims, Christopher Columbus discovering the world wasn't flat, the Battle of Little Bighorn, and the Boston Tea Party. But Theodore could only remember the pilgrims because of the food they ate at Thanksgiving.

Alvin: That's why the next morning, we helped him remember everything else by serving him food. We used frozen custard...

Hunter: ...to remember the Battle of Little Bighorn. Custard, Custer. Simon told me everything.

Tor: Nothing like a little food for thought.

Brittany: What about you, Jeanette?

Jeanette: I'd sure like to meet Jane Austen.

Eleanor: I'd like to live the days of Sacajawea.

Alvin: I'd like to go back to medieval times, particularly King Arthur's time. But you know something? I'd also like to go back to when Quake, the hero of the Inner World, was still alive.

Hunter: Oh, yeah. I remember meeting him. Or rather, his ghost.

[He has flashbacks of Quake; cut back to the present]

Hunter: I still haven't forgotten about him. I really miss that guy.

Simon: What about you, Tor? What period of time would you have liked to have lived?

Tor: Well, back when I was a kid, I'd always loved to have lived in the times of the Renaissance. Back then, everything seemed very romantic.

[The others laugh]

[Meanwhile, on board the Nickar, Savage consults with Westcott]

Savage: Master Westcott, it's time I took out the Spider Riders myself.

Westcott: How do you plan to do that?

Savage: Send them back in time.

Westcott: The powers I'll grant you with Argon's heart can carry that out, but as long as they have their Ultra Mode powers, you can't get rid of them for good.

Savage: Exactly my point. You can send them back in time, surround them with a huge army, overwhelm them with a powerful monster, anything! But they always have Ultra Mode to gain a second wind.

Westcott: Therefore, you must separate one from the others. I suggest you eliminate Alvin. And I know just the person to deal with him whilst we send the others back in time.

Savage: Who would that be?

Westcott: You'll see. Now, stand before Argon's heart.

[Savage does so; Westcott pushes buttons on the device; the heart glows and empowers Savage and gives him a brand-new demonic sword]

[Later, in an altar, Savage performs a ritual; he recites a chant in a foreign language; lightning flashes around the altar]

Savage: By the power of the Underworld Saber, I command you: Rise and live again!

[Appearing before him is a familiar being with a Spider Rider's manacle; the being's eyes glow]

Savage: You now work for me. Your first order of business-- Separate the Spider Rider known as Alvin Seville from the others whilst I send them back in time. That bratty chipmunk will have finally met his match. [laughs]

[132 Madison Street, 3:12pm]

[Alvin looks up King Arthur's history on his iPad]

Tor: Alvin, wouldn't it be easier just to watch The Sword in the Stone?

Alvin: That movie helps, Tor, but it doesn't have all the details on King Arthur. Nor does that other movie: A Kid in King Arthur's Court. Besides, looking up this info on the Internet is more than enough.

Tor: You know, sometimes the Internet doesn't always have accurate information. Tell you what, the girls and I can help you. Why don't we take you to the library?

Alvin: I don't see why not. Plus, I wanna get to know you guys better. [to the rest of his group] You guys wanna come along?

Simon: No, thanks. I'm almost done.

Theodore: Me, too.

Chipettes: Ditto!

Tor: Suit yourselves. C'mon, Al.

[Alvin follows Tor out]

Hunter: You guys take it easy.

[He heads upstairs, where Simon, Theodore, Corona, Aqune, Lumen, Sparkle, and Noia are training with the Battle Spiders (including Shadow)]

Shadow: Yo, Hunter, where's Al?

Hunter: He's off to the library with the Exceeds. He has a composition to finish.

Simon: He could've just come to me.

Hunter: Ah, he wants to get to know the Exceeds a little more. He hasn't had enough quality time with them since they joined ACME, what with the Demonoids and all.

Theodore: I'm okay with that.

Corona: Yeah, and besides, he's in the hands of six graduates.

Lumen: But I envy him. He's got five beautiful girls by his side.

Noia: Lumen, those girls are already taken. They're Tor's wives.

Hunter: Hmm. Okay, guys. Back to training, then we'll go out for a bite to eat.

[They continue their training]

[Back at the Nickar, Westcott receives a transmission from Savage on Earth]

Westcott: Well done, Savage. All is working out better than I thought. What comes next?

Savage: To proceed with our plan, we must make sure that the other seven Spider Riders are out of the way.

Westcott: Easier said than done.

Savage: Trust me, sir, the Spider Riders are going far. Real far.

Westcott: [laughs] If that's the case, I suggest you do the same to the Exceeds next. But how do you plan to isolate Alvin?

Savage: You'll see. [snickers]

[Back at the warehouse rooftop, the training is over; Hunter's manacle beeps]

Hunter: I read you.

Alvin's voice: This is Alvin. Something's come up all of a sudden. Meet me at the East River right away.

Hunter: Uh, okay. We're on our way.

[He and the others get on their spiders and take off]

[East River, 3:33pm]

[The gang looks around for Alvin]

Simon: Where is he? He said he'd be here.

Theodore: I hope this isn't another one of his classic pranks.

Lumen: We should call him back and see what's up.

[Suddenly, Savage appears before the gang and laughs]

Savage: You fools are so easy to deceive with my impression of your friend!

Simon: Savage!

Noia: We'd better suit up.

Savage: [laughs] You're too late!

[He raises his sword, creating a vortex, which sucks Hunter, Corona, Lumen, Sparkle, Noia, Simon, and Theodore inside, leaving their Battle Spiders behind as it disappears]

Shadow: Hunter!

Venus: Corona!

Portia: Venus!

Flame: Simon!

Brutus: Theodore!

Ebony: Lumen! Lady Noia!

Hotarla: Sparkle!

Shadow: What did you do to them, Savage?!

Savage: That's for me to know and you helpless Battle Spiders never to find out!

[Shadow lunges at Savage, who vanishes instantly]

[b]Shadow
: Damn it!

[Venus pats him on the back]

Venus: We'd better get to the library and warn Alvin.

[Public Library, 3:54pm]

[Alvin, Tor, and his group look through books of medieval times; Alvin writes his composition; the Exceeds inspect it]

Miyabi: Well-written, Alvin.

Tomoe: This looks like a B+ at the very least.

Julie: Yeah. This should keep your grades up.

Alvin: Thanks, guys.

Lilith: You know, I've always liked Guinevere, Arthur's wife. She reminds me of me.

Alvin: How?

Lilith: Like her, I was hostile towards the man who would later become his lover.

Alvin: Oh, I get it. When he rejected your offer to become his Duo partner twice, you vowed never to forgive him. But after he rescued you from that creep K and his crew, you accepted the fact that you and Tor could never be Duo partners and decided on becoming his wife. Well, one of his wives.

[The other four girls nod]

Alvin: [stashes his notebook] Well, now that my homework's done, I'm gonna go find some cool books to check out real quick. I'll meet you guys at the car, okay?

Tor: You got it.

[Alvin leaves the table; the Exceeds exit the library and head for Tor's SUV]

Imari: That kid deserves a little reward. We should take him out to dinner tonight.

Tor: I'm all for it, Imari. Tutoring him can be hectic.

[Suddenly, Savage appears]

Savage: Oh, that's nothing.

Miyabi: Guys! It's Savage!

Savage: Time to visit your pals!

[He raises his sword, creating a vortex, which sucks the Exceeds inside, then disappears; Savage laughs and vanishes; on the ground is the key to the SUV; Alvin comes out of the library with his bag; he looks into the car through the windows]

Alvin: Tor? Julie? Tomoe? Miyabi? Lilith? Imari? Come on, you guys. This isn't the time to joke around. I'm ready to go. Guys? Guys! Hmm... [dials Tor's number on his iPhone] Tor, pick up. Pick up. Pick up.

[No answer]

Alvin: [to his manacle] Tor, if you or your fellow Exceeds can hear me, please make contact! This is Alvin! Hello!

[East River, New York City, Saturday, June 1st, 1776, 1:32pm]

[The vortex appears from out of nowhere, and out come the Exceeds; they look around]

Julie: Where are we?

Tomoe: Well, from the looks of things here,...

Miyabi: I don't think I wanna know, Tomoe.

Tomoe: New York City, late 18th century.

[One of the townspeople points at the Exceeds accusingly]

Townsperson: Look! Another group of witches! Did you see them appear from out of nowhere?!

[Several other townspeople stare at them; one woman, however, is not the least bit frightened]

Tomoe: Witches? Wait, you don't get it. We're only humans, and from a different place and time.

[Suddenly, a battalion of armed soldiers charge in and point their muskets at the Exceeds]

Tor: We gotta get outta here fast! Those soldiers aren't gonna believe us!

[His team runs all around town with the soldiers on their tail; suddenly, the young woman beckons them]

Carissa: Hurry, all! Follow me!

[The Exceeds follow her into a coach house; Carissa shuts the doors]

Carissa: [quietly] It would be best to remain silent until those soldiers leave.

[Julie notices Hunter and the others close by]

Julie: [quietly] Hunter?

Hunter: Julie? Tor? Did Savage get you guys, too?

[The Exceeds nod]

Lilith: Shh. Listen.

[Everyone inside remains silent and still as the soldiers look around outside]

Soldier A: They have to be around here somewhere.

Soldier B: It's not as if they can just vanish off the face of the Earth.

Soldier C: Balderdash. If those witches could appear out of nowhere, they can disappear just as easily.

[As soon as the soldiers are out of sight, Tor stares at Carissa and blushes slightly; Carissa stares back with a smile]

Carissa: I'm Carissa.

Tor: I'm Tor. This is Julie, Tomoe, Miyabi, Lilith, and Imari.

Miyabi: Hi.

Lilith: Hello, there.

Carissa: I take it you're friends of Hunter and his group here?

Tomoe: Mm-hmm. But why are the other townspeople calling us witches?

Simon: They said the same about us when we appeared. You see, back in the 18th century, anyone who was considered unusual, different, or anything out of the ordinary was accused of being witches.

Carissa: "Back in the 18th century"?

Tomoe: Oh, boy. Carissa, we have a lot to fill you in on, but you're probably not gonna believe it.

Corona: Might as well explain, Tomoe. If she can believe chipmunks like Simon and Theodore can talk, there's no doubt about it.

Tomoe: Okay. Have you ever wondered what New York would be like in the future?

Carissa: You and your friends are from the future? How distant?

Tomoe: Almost a quarter of a millennium. We're from the year 2019. We got transported here by an evil demon. He's much worse than the witches you'd get in this time. Anyway, I don't know how he got those kinds of spells, but that's how we got here.

[Carissa is slightly shocked]

Tor: Don't worry, Carissa. I know it's hard to understand all this.

Carissa: I can hardly imagine this township nearly two and a half centuries from now. What's it like, exactly?

Aqune: It's incredible. There's a lotta cool skyscrapers, a lot more people, and large recreational parks.

Lumen: Plus, in 2019, we don't need horses for transportation as much as you do here.

Noia: Instead, we have motorized vehicles known as automobiles.

Carissa: If everybody's got one of those, doesn't anyone ever walk or run anymore?

Miyabi: Well, yes, but mostly for exercise.

Imari: But it's best if you don't tell anyone about all this. We can't afford to change history.

Carissa: Not to worry. I don't want to risk frightening anyone else with this information, anyway.

Julie: Right now, we need to find a way back to the future.

Sparkle: Yeah. Alvin could be in real danger.

Tor: Oh, God! Alvin! I can't believe we left him alone at the library!

Hunter: But why would Savage want us separated from him?

Aqune: He must really have it out for us after we killed his brother.

Tor: You see, Carissa, Savage had an older brother, but he went out of control and attacked the Spider Riders. They had to kill him.

Carissa: So this Savage wants revenge, right?

[Tor nods]

[Back at the library in the present, Alvin still gets no response from his manacle]

Alvin: It's no use, Dagger. Even the other Spider Riders aren't responding.

Dagger: Well, we can't leave the Exceeds' car behind. Send for Rito Tsukimi.

Alvin: Very well.

[Suddenly, Savage appears before him]

Savage: Not so fast, Alvin Seville.

Alvin and Dagger: Savage!

Savage: Don't worry your head about your brothers or your friends. They're safe and sound, for now. But you should be more worried about yourself and your precious Battle Spider.

Alvin: Where are they?!

Savage: I'll tell you, but only if you get through my servant. Witness the face of your demise!

[He snaps his finger; the mysterious figure from before appears]

Dagger: It... It can't be!

[He pops out of Alvin's manacle]

Alvin: Dagger, could this be...?

Dagger: It is.

[The figure is revealed to be...]

Quake: Yes, Dagger. I'm back.

Alvin: You're... You're Quake!

Quake: So, you're my successor. Alvin Seville, you disappoint me. You and Dagger.

Dagger: How can that be? He's proven himself a worthy Earthen to become the new eighth rider.

Quake: But he hasn't proven himself worthy enough to exceed my strength.

Alvin: I didn't have to. Dagger told me so himself when he approached me.

Dagger: This is unlike you, Quake. You learned not to underestimate an Earthen like Hunter.

Quake: Let's face it. No one can replace the original. Now, Alvin, you gave your greatest challenge yet: A battle against your predecessor. A battle to the death.

Savage: The choice is up to you, Alvin. Defeat Quake, and I'll tell you where your friends and brothers are. If not, you'll never see them again.

Alvin: Only if I die. But I won't. For my brothers, for my friends, I accept your challenge, Quake.

[Quake grins; Savage laughs maniacally]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Alvin: Next time: The Return of Quake, Part 2.

Last edited by TVLubber (2/03/2024 10:18 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera