ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/19/2019 9:28 pm  #1

Side-Fic 318: The Demon Lord Pt. 2

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Hunter: The show's about to start, folks! Just don't forget to watch in a brightly-lit room, and don't sit too close to the monitor.

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Clips from the previous side-fic are shown]

[132 Madison Street, Thursday, June 13th, 3:44pm]

[In the lab, the Spider Riders (back to normal) and Tyler make contact with the Spirit Oracle]

Oracle: Underworld Denouement? As I feared. This spell was once invoked by a former demon lord, who sacrificed three of his own minions to create the necessary energy pillars.

Hunter: How bad was the damage?

Oracle: There was no damage. A group of mighty warriors like you Spider Riders killed the former demon lord when he was about to imbue his own life energy into the pillars. The powerless pillars turned to dust once he was dead.

Lumen: That was back in the past. The old demon lord never had the Amber of Nuuma back then like Vilord does now.

Oracle: Precisely, Prince Lumen.

[Queen Illuma enters]

Illuma: Because he never once heard its stories.

Hunter: Queen Illuma!

[The gang bows before her]

Corona: What brings you here, Your Majesty?

Illuma: When I was told that the Amber of Nuuma was in the hands of the demon lord, I had to come and tell you the origins of the amber.

[She has flashbacks]

Illuma: My ancestor, the first queen of Nuuma, discovered wood resin in the backyard of her royal garden. She presented it to her jewelers, who forged it into numerous types of amber jewelry for the royal family. But the pendant-- That one was her favorite. She eventually dubbed it the Amber of Nuuma. Not long afterwards, as she traveled to the Inner World's sun, the amber was suddenly exposed to the sun's atmosphere. Several years later, an army of Invectids invaded Nuuma. The first queen couldn't bear the sight of her people suffering. So she stood in the line of fire. Then, as if by magic, the amber absorbed the enemy's energy and unleashed it against them, completely eliminating them. Even though Nuuma had won, the queen feared the power of the amber would corrupt her mind, so she buried it far away where no one would find it, and no one ever did, until nearly two months ago, after you Spider Riders defeated Argon. His master Vilord, the demon lord, and his associate Herrok unearthed the amber. Several of my soldiers back home found out, but Vilord attacked them. They barely had the strength to send me a message.

Soldier: [in flashback; weakly] Your Majesty, the Amber of Nuuma-- It's been unearthed. It was... the de-- [cut off]

[Back to the present]

Illuma: Those soldiers died before any of them could tell me who. I never did find out, until today. I wish my ancestor had just destroyed the amber.

Hunter: Hey, it's all right, Your Majesty.

Aqune: The first queen had no way of knowing this would happen.

Illuma: Well, now that we know, and that it's being used to invoke the same spell that was cast long ago, we have to strike back before the last energy pillar is put into place.

Simon: Hey, even if it is, I'm sure all we gotta do is destroy the amber. That'll undo all of its effects and render Vilord's pillars useless.

Alvin: Plus, Vilord will be at a disadvantage once we have our Super Mode back.

Oracle: But at the moment, fighting him will mean fighting Lady Noia.

Illuma: Are you up to the task?

Lumen: We are. If Noia's working with Vilord and trying to destroy mankind, we have no choice but to stop her if we're to save her.

Hunter: That's what I'd like to hear from the former leader. Thanks, Lume. C'mon, guys.

[Later, back outside Hunter's apartment building, the gang looks up at the pillar]

Alvin: I say we bust that thing to pieces. [whips out his blade] Allow me. [raises his blade] Blade of Lightning!

[He unleashes bolts of lightning upon the pillar, but the pillar is unaffected]

Alvin: Rats!

[Herrok and Noia approach]

Lumen: [in fury] Herrok!

Herrok: Zapping it won't do it. The time has come for you to meet your end.

Noia: Spider Riders, face me now. The time has come for you to meet your doom.

Lumen: Noia, we don't wanna fight you. This is a battle between the demons and us.

Noia: Wrong! My duty is to destroy you all. If you want to beat Herrok, you have to go through me first.

Herrok: Destroy them, Demon Valkyrie.

Noia: Right.

[She jumps onto her Vespa and fires beams of crimson red energy at the gang, who get suited up and repel the blast]

Simon: [raises his lance] Fire Bolt!

Theodore: [raises his mace] Morning Star!

Noia: Your weak weapons have no power over me!

[Lumen stops Simon and Theodore]

Lumen: Stop, guys! We can't hurt Noia.

Herrok: [unleashes the power of the Amber of Nuuma] Very perceptive! Unleash!

[The energy blast strikes Lumen; Lumen hits the ground]

Ebony: Prince Lumen!

Lumen: Herrok! [gets back on his feet] Do you plan on using Noia as a pillar like the demons who fell before you?!

[The others give a shocked look]

Herrok: Brilliant deduction, Prince Lumen. Once you beat her, she'll become my third pillar. The more you fight her, the closer you push my master's plan to fruition.

Hunter: Why tell us this? You know that if we refuse to fight Noia, she won't be made into your last pillar.

Herrok: That's fine with me. That way, she can kill you and take your power by force. Eliminate them!

Noia: Yes, sir.

[She charges at the Spider Riders on her Vespa]

Alvin: You're willing to give your life to help destroy both your old home and your new home?

Noia: Whatever it takes.

Sparkle: Don't do it, Noia!

[Noia fights the Spider Riders as Herrok watches]

Herrok: Noia's my servant, yet you still call her your friend. How could you possibly fight her?

[Lumen and Ebony get close to Noia]

Lumen: Try to remember, Noia! How much you cared for the Outer World as much as you did the Inner World!

Noia: I refuse to protect this planet. [flips Lumen on his back] It lost its chance at redemption when it cost Vilord his sons.

[She strikes all eight Riders w/her Norse Saber]

Herrok: Without the will to defeat the Demon Valkyrie, you can't even put up a fight. [laughs]

Noia: Did you really think you could oppose me with such paltry effort?

Lumen: Noia... [gets back on his feet] Spider Rider, Mega Gold!

[He and Ebony assume Mega Gold Mode]

Lumen: I'm not giving up on you, Noia, no matter what!

Noia: I suggest we finish this battle on even grounds. Vespa Armor, activate!

[Her Vespa transforms into armor and combines with Noia; her sword transforms into the Norse Lance; her wings grow larger and double; she flies off]

Lumen: If that's the way it's gotta be,...

[He and Ebony chase after Noia]

Corona: Hey, Herrok! While Noia's occupied, we're coming after you!

[She and Venus charge at Herrok; suddenly, Grandora appears and intercepts]

Grandora: I wouldn't recommend that, you pathetic Spider Rider. He's essential to Master Vilord's plan, you know.

Corona: Grandora!

Herrok: I'll leave these clowns to you, Grandora. I'm needed back at the sub. [vanishes]

Venus: Corona, it's time to go Platinum!

Corona: Right! Platinum Power!

[She and Venus assume Platinum Mode and fight Grandora]

Hunter: I'm goin' after Lumen! C'mon, Shadow!

[He and Shadow are about to go after Lumen, when Grandora unleashes a barrage of energy balls upon them, hitting them]

Corona: Hunter! Shadow!

[Hunter and Shadow get back on their feet]

Shadow: We're not through yet!

Hunter: [tosses an Oracle Key each to Alvin and Aqune] Time for Oracle Mode!

Hunter, Aqune, and Alvin: [each raise an Oracle Key] Oracle's Light!

[They and their Battle Spiders assume Oracle Mode (Level 1) for Hunter]

Sparkle: [as she and Hotarla assume Mega Blue Mode] Spider Rider, Mega Blue!

Chipmunks: Spider Riders, Triad Formation!

[Flame and Brutus fire their webs at Grandora's arms, clutching them; Dagger fires his webs at Grandora's neck, strangling him; the Chipmunks, balancing on the webs, raise their glowing weapons as they charge at Grandora]

Chipmunks: Triple Strike!

[They strike Grandora w/their weapons]

Hunter and Shadow: Electra Twist!

Alvin and Dagger: Crimson Starlight!

Aqune and Portia: Dark Star!

Sparkle: Blue Impulse!

Corona and Venus: Platinum Wave!

Simon: Fire Bolt!

Theodore: Morning Star!

[They strike Grandora w/their attacks]

Grandora: I won't let you win if I'm to see my master's plan through!

[Back at the Nickar, Vilord has seen it all]

Vilord: [pushes the Giga Beam button] That's my #2 for you.

[Back outside, the Giga Beam enlarges Grandora, who starts charges at the city and attacks]

Alvin: Flash Formosa!

Simon: Cyber Spiders!

Corona: Platinum Pardosa!

All three: Mobilize and combine!

[Said mecha crawl into the scene and combine to form the Thunder Formosa; the Spider Riders jump into the cockpit; the Thunder Formosa blocks Grandora's path]

Grandora: [fires demonic arrows at the Thunder Formosa] Outta my way, you filthy mongrels!

[The Thunder Formosa spins its Thunder Lance to block each arrow]

Grandora: Well, it appears that I'm getting a little bit rusty with the arrows. Pretty odd, considering I'm Vilord's #2. Oh, well. Might as well bring out the big guns.

[He whips out a pair of flintlock pistols and fires at the Thunder Formosa, hitting it hard]

Alvin: Crimson Crossbow!

[The Thunder Lance glows and turns into a crossbow; the Thunder Formosa fires a flaming arrow at Grandora; the arrow turns into a flaming phoenix; Grandora punches the phoenix, sending it flying right back at the Thunder Formosa, hitting it and causing it to hit the ground]

Grandora: That was a pathetic finisher. You only got lucky against phony-baloney Invectids, among other foolish creeps. You're nothing. This ends now!

[Suddenly, the Super Turbo Spider charges into the scene fires its Gatling Lasers at Grandora, hitting him just before he can make another move]

Grandora: How dare you!

[Cut to the Super Turbo Spider's cockpit w/Tyler]

Tyler: All right, Grandora. You mess with my son, you mess with me!

[Cut to the Thunder Formosa's cockpit]

Hunter: Dad!

Alvin: I didn't know your dad could pilot a mecha.

Tyler: [over radio] Save it for later, guys. Let's finish Grandora!

Hunter: [inserts all four Oracle Keys into the controls] Right! I summon the almighty Araneus!

Alvin: I summon Hyllus!

[Outside, Araneus and Hyllus charge into the scene and strike Grandora repeatedly]

Hunter and Alvin: Mega Spider, energize!

[All mecha combine to form the Mega Spider]

Grandora: You novices can't scare me with that big toy!

[He fires at the Mega Spider, which slowly approaches him without even taking a hit]

[Cut to the cockpit with the seven Spider Riders and Tyler on board]

Hunter: We don't care who we are, Grandora!

Corona: We all have a mission!

Aqune: The planet we love is the one we have!

Alvin: The planet we protect is the one we have!

Simon: We won't let you destroy it!

Theodore: Earth and all its existing life are a miracle!

Sparkle: It's our job to protect them!

Tyler: Well said, guys! Let's finish this! Goin' up!

[Outside, the Super Turbo Spider and Thunder Formosa raise their lances and spin them around like propellors, causing the entire Mega Spider to take to the sky]

Grandora: Come back down and fight me, you cowards!

Tyler: See ya!

Hunter and Shadow: Mega Spider!

All: FINAL STRIKE!!

[The lances stop spinning, and the Mega Spider falls toward Grandora]

Grandora: I won't die here!!

[He shields himself with his arms, but the Mega Spider slams down on him, causing him to hit the ground; upon impact, a massive explosion is shown]

[Cut back to the cockpit]

Hunter: Thanks for the backup, Dad.

Tyler: Anytime, Hunter. I wanted to get in on some of the action, too.

Corona: Wait, Father, if you're here, who's looking after Monica?

Tyler: It's all right, Corona. Queen Illuma's looking after her.

Hunter and Corona: What a relief.

Sparkle: Guys, we gotta find Lumen! He's still fighting Noia!

Simon: Tyler, can you track him down?

Tyler: [looks at his tablet] They're fighting on top of the warehouse! Let's go!

[Back at the Nickar, Vilord smirks, having seen it all]

Vilord: That's that.

[132 Madison Street, 4:25pm]

[On the roof, Lumen and Noia continue fighting with their swords over the next few minutes]

Noia: Haven't you realized that the more you fight me, the stronger I become?

Lumen: [fires blasts from his ray gun] Arachna Ray!

[Noia blocks each blast w/her armor, then strikes Lumen w/her lance]

Noia: Get up! I wanna finish you properly!

[Lumen gets back up, and they continue fighting]

Noia: Why must you continue?

Lumen: I intend to see this fight through!

[Noia kicks Lumen]

Noia: Goodbye, Your Highness. Vespa Beam!

[She fires a blast from the gem over her breast at Lumen, pushing him off the roof, reverting him to normal; Lumen grabs onto the roof and hangs on for dear life]

Ebony: [crawls toward the edge] Lumen, hang on!

[He fires a web; Lumen catches it and climbs back to the roof]

Lumen: Thanks, Ebony. [approaches Noia] Listen, Noia. I'm not gonna let Vilord and Herrok control you again!

Noia: Prince Lumen...

[Lumen charges at Noia and lands several blows]

Lumen: You'll thank me for this later!

[He flips Noia on her back]

Lumen: Stand up, Noia!

[Noia gets back on her feet]

[In slow motion, the two combatants charge at each other and fight rigorously; the other seven Riders (back to normal), their Battle Spiders, and Tyler enter the roof]

Sparkle: Lumen! Please let us help!

Lumen: No! This is my fight!

[Noia punches Lumen in the face; Herrok appears on the corner of the roof]

Herrok: Demon Valkyrie, strike him down with all you've got!

Noia: Yes, Herrok.

Lumen: [tearfully] Please! Herrok's influence is what's making you do this! That's why you're trying to destroy us!

Noia: [slaps the prince] Enough with your bullshit!

[Lumen strangles her]

Lumen: But deep down, I know you still have good left in you! And you still have the same power that we do!

Noia: I'm no Spider Rider. Why say that?

Lumen: Your power may be different from ours, but it has the same ambition: To love and protect mankind!

Noia: [elbows Lumen to loosen his grip] Shut up!

[She grabs the prince, jabs him in the gut repeatedly, and tosses him back to his teammates; Lumen slowly gets back up]

Lumen: That's why, Noia, until I exhaust the evil within you, I won't ever give up! I won't die! You have a mission to fulfill!

[He clenches his fists and focuses all of his energy; letting out a massive battle cry, he glows brightly and punches Noia in the chest, sending her flying back a few feet; she falls on her back and reverts to normal; the evil within her dissipates from her body; Lumen runs up to her]

Lumen: Noia!

[Noia comes to]

Noia: Lumen...

[Lumen helps her back up]

Lumen: You all right, Noia?

Noia: Yeah. I was wandering in darkness, until I heard you. It guided me toward the light. And here you are.

Lumen: Not just me, Noia.

[He turns Noia's attention to the rest of the team]

Noia: Can you guys forgive me?

Hunter: What's to forgive? Herrok possessed you. He's to blame for all the destruction you caused, not you.

Sparkle: I'm glad we're all together again.

Alvin: And in doing so, we destroyed another one of Vilord's demons and prevented the third pillar from forming.

Herrok: [furiously] Prince Lumen, you'll pay for fouling up my plan!

[He charges at Lumen; suddenly, Noia punches Herrok]

Noia: Mind if I help teach this bastard a lesson?

Lumen: No problem.

Noia: [raises her manacle] Valkyrie Power!

[She gets suited up, then equipped with Vespa armor]

Herrok: You traitor!

Noia: Norse Lance!

[She strikes Herrok w/her lance]

Herrok: [shudders] The power of the Vespa Valkyrie should've been mine to control! Why?!

Noia: It's easy. You wanted to use it to destroy mankind. I use it to defend! Vespa Beam!

[She fires a beam from her gem at Herrok, hitting him hard]

Herrok: Master Vilord, send me the Amber of Nuuma and fire the Giga Beam!

[Back at the Nickar, Vilord is wearing the Amber of Nuuma around his neck]

Vilord: Sorry, Herrok, but I need the amber. And now that the Vespa Valkyrie is no longer your servant, I don't need you anymore. I don't need anybody!

[Back on the warehouse roof, Herrok is more furious than ever]

Herrok: How could you forsake me?!

[Lumen and Sparkle get suited up and jumps onto their spiders' backs]

Lumen: If he never cared for the other demons, why would he feel the same for you?!

[He stabs Herrok through the chest w/his blade; Herrok whimpers; Lumen releases his blade]

Sparkle: [strikes Herrok repeatedly w/her weapon] He's just like you, cold and apathetic, only much worse!

Herrok: Shut up!

Lumen: [assumes Mega Gold mode] Mega Gold!

Sparkle: [assumes Mega Blue mode] Mega Blue!

Lumen: [fires a blast from his Arachna Ray] FIRE!

[Herrok takes the blast]

Sparkle: [as her lance glows] Blue Lance!

[She stabs Herrok through the chest with her lance; Herrok screams; Sparkle pulls it back]

Sparkle: Blue Impulse!

[She strikes Herrok twice w/her lance]

Lumen: Gold Blade of Light!

Noia: Norse Lance!

[Their weapons glow]

Herrok: No! Don't do this to me!

Lumen and Noia: See ya!

[They strike Herrok w/their weapons in an X formation; Herrok screams and engulfs in a massive explosion; after the smoke clears, Herrok is gone for good; Lumen and Noia revert to normal; suddenly, a third pillar appears behind the warehouse; the gang notices; Vilord's image appears in the sky again as the Nickar hovers over the city]

Vilord: I forgot to offer you my gratitude, Spider Riders. I never intended for the Vespa Valkyrie to be one of my pillars. She was just a decoy, as was Herrok. Grandora was the real third pillar! Now that I have them all in place, I can finally put Operation Underworld Denouement into action! [laughs maniacally]

[Cut to the sub's bridge; Vilord raises the amber]

Vilord: The process will be inevitably slow, but that's how the ritual has always been since it was first invoked by my ancestor. Amber of Nuuma, imbue your immense powers into my energy pillars!

[The amber glows and unleashes massive energy; outside, the energy is imbued into the three pillars, which pour the energies of the fallen demons slowly beneath the ground]

Hunter: [clenches his right fist] Vilord...! To throw away the lives of your own people just to further your evil schemes-- You're sick!

Vilord: Accept defeat. Your planet has no chance of survival now.

Hunter: No! Everyone makes their own chances!

Shadow: Hunter, you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?

Hunter: Just you and me, Shadow.

Corona: Hunter, you can't!

Alvin: You don't stand a chance against him alone without your Super Mode! Let us help!

Hunter: Vilord stole our Super Mode and is trying to use it against us. Besides, I've got a feeling in the gut that there's more to him than meets the eye. What's more, the others are still trapped on board the sub. Shadow and I are going after him.

Shadow: You guys stay behind and cover us.

Corona: If that's the case, then I'll have to transfer my power to you.

[Hunter is shocked]

Aqune: Me, too, Hunter.

Hunter: Aqune, you, too?

Aqune: If you're going out on your own, you'll need the power of both of the Oracle's handmaids.

Lumen: I'd do the same, seeing as I'm prince of Arachna.

Sparkle: Same here, speaking as the princess. Plus, I've always looked up to you from the day we met.

Alvin: Ditto. Hunter, you've always been like my big brother. Aside from the Chipettes, you're practically my best friend.

Simon: Well, if Alvin's willing to give you his power, then so am I.

Theodore: Me, too. If one Chipmunk gives you his power, we all should.

Noia: I may not be a Spider Rider myself, but I'd gladly give you my power, too.

Corona: With all our power within you, you can beat Vilord.

Hunter: Guys,...

[He starts tearing up]

Vilord: You must be on some sort of drug. Without your powers, even with your Battle Spiders, you guys are defenseless.

Corona: If that's what it takes to keep you from destroying Earth, then so be it!

Aqune: Our mission is to protect it!

Alvin: We understand the risk of dying!

Simon: And we don't care what happens to us!

Theodore: Because Hunter will carry on our mission!

Lumen: He's a true leader!

Sparkle: And a true friend!

Noia: He never gives up!

[All eight raise their manacles; the manacles glow]

Vilord: [laughs] You're the most foolish beings I've ever met in all my years as a demon lord. What was all that you told me? Something along the lines of sacrificing your own team? But I see you're willing to do the same to yours. That's very hypocritical of you. Hunter Steele, accept your friends' sacrifice. Take their power, and come and fight me!

[Hunter shuts his eyes, tearing up even more]

Hunter: No!

[The manacles stop glowing]

Hunter: I don't want their power! I prefer to use my own! The only thing I need from them is moral support!

Corona: Hunter...

Vilord: Your team's offer certainly was pathetic, Hunter. But your response to it was worse than pathetic. It was stupid. You wasted away your only chance to beat me.

Shadow: Of course he wasted it away, because it wasn't the only way.

Hunter: [turns to his teammates] Guys, peace and happiness won through the sacrifice of life-- What meaning does it have?!

[The others' eyes widen]

Hunter: What have we been fighting for these past 10 years?! Why are we here?! Well?!

[The others gasp]

Hunter: We protect each other. We support each other. And in doing so, our mission is served!

Vilord: Riveting speech, but it's not gonna stop me!

Shadow: But we will! Ready, buddy?!

Hunter: [raises his manacle] Arachna Power!

[He gets suited up and jumps onto Shadow's back]

Hunter: You guys stay behind and try to remove those pillars. I'm goin' in!

[He and Shadow leap toward the Nickar]

Tyler: Good luck, son.

Corona: You heard Hunter, guys! Let's rip those pillars off before their energies reach the Earth's core!

Everyone else: Yes, ma'am!

Corona: Platinum Pardosa!

Aqune: Black Widow!

Alvin: Flash Formosa!

All three: Mobilize!

[Said mecha crawl into the scene and convert to Fighter Mode; Corona, Aqune, Alvin, and their respective spiders jump into their respective cockpits; each mecha approaches a separate pillar and tries their best to pry them off]

[Up in the sky, Hunter and Shadow burst through the bulkheads of the Nickar; they are right in front of the brig]

Hunter: This is it, Shadow. The Nickar, the Demonoids' base of operations.

Shadow: It's awfully quiet in here. Chances are, the Demonoids up and went once Vilord took over.

[There is a knock at the brig's door]

Hunter: Uh-oh. I think we're being watched.

Westcott: [from behind the brig's door] In here!

[Hunter looks through the slot in the door and notices Westcott still ensnared by Vilord's circle]

Hunter: Westcott!

Westcott: So you're Hunter Steele, leader of the Spider Riders?

Hunter: No one left to hide behind, eh?

Westcott: Once I was ensnared in this circle, the others retreated for their own lives. They knew there was no way they could face Vilord's wrath.

Hunter: Where is Vilord?

Westcott: From what I've overheard, he's at the bridge. But you don't stand a chance against him.

Hunter: Oh, you think so? We'll see. [shuts the slot] But don't think I'm grateful after all the treachery you've caused since you overthrew Prescott.

Westcott: Just go.

[Hunter and Shadow make their way toward the bridge; Vilord turns around and notices them]

Vilord: Ah! If it isn't Hunter Steele and Shadow.

Hunter: Vilord, this is where it all ends.

Vilord: As long as I have the Amber of Nuuma, it'll all end in my favor. And keep in mind that it's still draining your friends of the last of their life force.

[Hunter charges at Vilord, who knocks him back with his lance]

Vilord: You never learn your lesson, do you? Plus, you made a grave mistake fighting me alone.

Hunter: But I'm not alone. Not only do I have Shadow here with me, but I have everyone else with me in spirit. My fellow Spider Riders, Lady Noia, the refugees of the Inner World, the Spirit Oracle, the Kaleido Gladiators, the Cosmo Cats, the Spirit Soldiers, the Crystal Exceeds, my friends J.B. and Kaitlin from out of town, my big brother Ryan, my daughter Monica, my father, and all the people of both the Outer and Inner Worlds!

Shadow: They're all a part of our team! As fellow members of Earth, they fight by our side! And we never abandon them, unlike you, you monster!

Vilord: If I were a monster, I wouldn't have gone after you for my sons' deaths.

Hunter: Except you also never cared about their needs! You always gave Temper the attention, but he never forgave you since you ignored the fact that Savage wanted to live a normal human life!

Vilord: Demons and humanity do not mix.

Hunter: Wrong! I know a human who slept with a demon once. In fact, he slept with seven! And a reincarnated angel, too.

Vilord: Oh, that Grabbin' Dragon guy? The hell with him. His harem was nothing more than a disgrace to all demons!

Hunter: Don't you see, Vilord? Demons can have pure hearts, too. Temper cared for Savage a great deal. And Savage and his human associate Owen had a good friendship. But you-- Your heart is pure evil!

Vilord: Exactly! I have a reputation as a demon lord to maintain, unlike that other demon lord Milim from that other dimension. The moment she became... [air quotes] "besties for resties" with that stupid slime-ball boy, she completely strayed away from her kind's true purpose! When I'm done with you and this dimension, I'll return to hers and burn down the Great Forest of Jura!

Hunter: Listen. I never heard of any "Jura" or anything like that, but whatever it is, wherever it is, I'll see to it you won't destroy it, nor my friends!

Vilord: Silence! Unless you want to end up like Mantid before he sold his soul to evil.

Hunter: How would you know?

Vilord: I suppose he never told you about his loved one.

Hunter: He told me enough! He told me Lorraine died in the war all those years ago!

Vilord: Enough, you say? But you should know, he withheld the most important detail before he crossed over.

Hunter: What could be worse than losing your true love?

Vilord: Not long before that tragic event, I approached Mantid for a proposition, so he could join my regiment and become all powerful. Powerful enough to protect his comrades and Lorraine. But he refused, claiming he was strong enough already. A golden opportunity, wasted! My minions ambushed Mantid's teammates to distract him. As soon as he was out of sight, I came up to Lorraine. You see, I had been lusting over that beautiful woman for months. I begged her to become my wife. But she refused. She told me she was going to marry Mantid.

Hunter: Well, it's no wonder you had this beef with humans.

Vilord: Rejection. That's the greatest weapon against my kind. I warned my sons about that, but they never listened.

Hunter: Then why did you leave them with Prescott?

Vilord: To prove my point to them. Anyway, back to my story, after Mantid saved his team, Lorraine, just after rejecting me, ran up to him just when all seemed well and done for him. But I showed them both the price of defiance. I took my lance and lopped Lorraine's head off. By the time Mantid saw her decapitated corpse, I was already out of sight.

[Hunter is shocked to hear this story]

Hunter: All this time, Mantid's life of corruption... was because of you. You killed Lorraine!

Vilord: And I'd have done the same to Mantid had he not crossed over to evil! He was actually trying to do me a favor in attacking the Inner World. But then you-- You and your fellow Spider Riders defeated him.

Hunter: If we were such a threat to you, why didn't you attack us?

Vilord: Because after the war, I was banished from the Inner World, and the Oracle erected an impregnable barrier around it, preventing me or any of my minions from ever entering. Argon, having the same power as the Oracle, was the only one with the power to bypass it. That's how he was able to infiltrate and attack the Inner World four years ago.

Hunter: But what about when we moved to the Outer World?

Vilord: I never found out. I had searched one dimension after another for over a year, until I met Prescott Vorstein in this dimension. But he promised to carry out their doom in my stead. So I left Argon with him while I returned to my dimension to train my sons.

Hunter: Then after Alto died, you sent Savage to be Prescott's top demon, then you sent Temper.

Vilord: All efforts to destroy you had failed. That's why I'm here to finish the job.

Hunter: [empowers his lance] Well I'm not gonna stand here and let you get away with all you've done!

[He and Shadow charge at Vilord]

Vilord: You stubborn bastard!

[He empowers himself with the amber, then strikes Hunter with his lance, but Hunter strikes back with his own]

Hunter: You see? Even with the powers you stole from us, you can't beat us.

Vilord: Oh, that was only a simple strike. Demon Slash!

[He strikes Hunter with his glowing lance]

Vilord: Amber powers, unleash!

[He fires a blast of energy from the amber at Hunter and Shadow, hitting them]

Vilord: You see? The combined powers of your friends and your Super Mode are insurmountable. And now that I have full control of them, you're just a pair of helpless dogs.

Shadow: You're wrong, Vilord! Those powers aren't meant for evil!

Hunter: That's right! You don't choose them. They choose you!

Vilord: It doesn't matter. I have it all, and it'll prove to be useful against you!

[He unleashes a powerful burst of energy upon Hunter and Shadow, hitting them]

Vilord: Hunter Steele and Shadow, your doom is near!

[He charges at Hunter and Shadow with his lance]

Shadow: All right, Hunter! Strike!

Hunter: [charges at Vilord w/his lance] Lance of Light!

[In slow motion, he appears to be pointing his lance at Vilord's face; Vilord shields his face with his empty hand, but Hunter's lance strikes the Amber of Nuuma; it slowly starts to crack]

Vilord: What?!

[Cut to the lab; the other teams regain their powers and life energies; they awaken and break out of their pods]

Tor: Aw, man! What are we all doing here?

Layla: Wait, everyone! Quiet! Do you hear something?

[Everyone overhears the fight between Hunter and Vilord]

Shido: It's Hunter!

Eris: We better check on him!

[They hurry out of the lab and rush to the bridge]

Hunter: Guys, get outta here fast! Things could get messy here!

Tor: But what about you? You could at least let us help!

Shadow: You're still too weak from the energy drain. It'll take a long time before your powers are fully restored.

Hunter: Don't worry about me and Shadow. We'll handle it!

Kotori: He's right. We don't have a choice. [to her Spirit Brace] Karen, teleport us all to the Fraxinus fast.

Karen: Teleportation is going to be quite a strain for the lot of you, but I'll try.

[The gang is teleported out, leaving Hunter and Shadow inside to fight Vilord]

Vilord: They may be gone, but at least they won't be in the way when I finish you for good!

Hunter: That'll be the day.

[He spins his lance around; he and Shadow charge at Vilord]

Hunter: Lance of Light!

[He strikes Vilord hard with his lance]

Vilord: It's not over yet! Demonitron! Join me!

[A massive army of Demonitron appears]

Vilord: Exterminate Steele at once!

[His army charges at Hunter and Shadow]

Vilord: You don't stand a chance against an army of this size!

Hunter: Or don't we?

Shadow: Spider threads!

[He spins large webs at the Demonitron]

Hunter: This could be ugly, Shadow. Better step back.

[He jumps off of Shadow, who steps back]

Hunter: [as his lance glows] This is the way it's gotta be, Vilord.

[He jams his lance onto one line of the web, causing electricity to surge through the whole web, zapping and then vaporizing every single Demonitron]

Vilord: What?! How can this be?!

Hunter: I tell ya, that cliche is startin' to get old.

Vilord: Oh, shut up! I'll say whatever the hell I want! No matter! You won't leave this sub alive! [becomes surrounded by demonic aura] Demonic Rampage!

[He savagely strikes Hunter with his lance and claws]

Vilord: You only cracked the amber enough to save your friends, but it still contains the Super Mode powers I drained from you. It's still enough to blow up Earth's core. Accept it, kid. Your planet is doomed!

Hunter: Only if you destroy us first. But as long as we have even an ounce of strength left, you'll never win! We'll fight with everything we've got until you're gone for good!

Vilord: All that is nothing more than a pipe dream. My power is greater than yours, and--

Hunter: Your power? Need I remind you that you're only using powers you stole from us instead of your own?

Vilord: Whatever it takes to win this war.

Hunter: So that's it, huh? With only your own powers, you're just a coward, just like Herrok!

Vilord: Shut up! I've come too far to let you win now!

[He unleashes demonic energy upon Hunter and Shadow, who narrowly dodge; they charge at Vilord and ram him into the control console]

Vilord: No! Don't do this!

Hunter: Lance of Light, maximum power!

[He raises his lance]

Hunter: So long, Vilord!

[He and Shadow charge at Vilord; Hunter strikes the cracked amber with his lance, completely shattering it and stabbing Vilord through the chest in the process; the lance also pierces the console, causing it to implode]

[Outside, the energy pillars disintegrate into dust; the mecha trying to pry them back away; everyone jumps out of the cockpits and rejoins the others on the roof of the warehouse]

Corona: The pillars just turned to dust!

[The Spider Riders' manacles glow]

Lumen: And it looks as if we got our Super Mode back, too!

Aqune: Hunter must've destroyed the Amber of Nuuma!

Alvin: All right, Hunter!

[Tyler looks up at the sky]

Tyler: Guys, look up there!

[Everyone looks up in horror as the Nickar electrifies and engulfs in a massive explosion]

Tyler: HUNTER, NO!

[After the smoke clears, there is nothing left of the Nickar]

Aqune: It's gone. Poor Hunter.

Lumen: Hunter, you idiot. [falls to his knees in tears] Why did you have to throw away your life?!

Sparkle: [tearfully] Oh, Lumen.

Noia: My prince...

Simon: He was a brave man. I'll miss him.

Theodore: Yeah. So will I.

Alvin: Ditto. But he still had a lot of opportunities ahead of him. Why?!

Tyler: My last little boy,... [in tears] He can't be gone.

[Corona just stands there crying; she shifts her head to the sky]

Corona: HUNTER!!!

[Suddenly, flying toward the warehouse roof is Hunter, in Super Spider Rider form and merged with Shadow]

Hunter: You called?

Corona: Hunter?

Hunter: [lands on the roof] Rider out!

[He and Shadow revert to normal; they make their way to shore]

Hunter: Yep. It's us.

Corona: Hunter...

[She and Hunter embrace; the others join in for a group hug]

Tyler: Hunter, that was very stupid. But it took a lotta guts. All that training with me and Ryan back when you were little-- I knew it would pay off.

Alvin: But how did you two survive?

Shadow: As soon as Hunter stabbed Vilord to the console and shattered the amber, we merged and made our escape just before the explosion.

Alvin: But what about the Demonoids? What about Owen and Ewan?

Hunter: They fled when Vilord locked Westcott in the brig, along with LN and Roget.

Aqune: Then it's possible that we finally beat Westcott?

Hunter: Sure looks that way.

Shadow: Now we can finally rest easy.

Vilord: Wrong again!

[He lands on top of the roof]

Vilord: Haven't you forgotten that I'm a demon lord? I've survived far worse than Steele's pathetic attack. You only destroyed the Nickar. So I'll just return the favor and destroy this planet!

Hunter: Guys, I say we hit this guy with everything we've got.

Vilord: All you've got won't be enough, for I've already harnessed enough energy to eliminate you all, even though you have your Super Mode back.

[The Oracle appears; Hunter hands her the crystal and amethyst]

Oracle: Wrong, Vilord. You can have all the powers in the world, but you cannot triumph over love and loyalty.

Hunter: Spider Riders, ready?!

Corona, Aqune, Lumen, Sparkle, and the Chipmunks: Ready!

All eight: Arachna Power!

[They all get suited up]

Noia: Vespa Power!

[She gets suited up]

Hunter: Courage of the Oracle! Spider Rider Hunter!

Corona: Charity of the Oracle! Spider Rider Corona!

Aqune: Strength of the Oracle! Spider Rider Aqune!

Lumen: Stealth of the Oracle! Spider Rider Lumen!

Sparkle: Speed of the Oracle! Spider Rider Sparkle!

Simon: Knowledge of the Oracle! Spider Rider Simon!

Theodore: Honor of the Oracle! Spider Rider Theodore!

Alvin: Might of the Oracle! Crimson Rider! Spider Rider Alvin!

All eight Battle Spiders: Spiders by their side...

All eight Spider Riders: ...ready to ride!

Hunter: Calling all...

All eight: Spider Riders!

Noia: Vespa Valkyrie!

Vilord: [whips out his lance] Strength in numbers is nothing to me!

Tyler: Go get 'em, champ!

Hunter: Thanks, Dad! Okay, guys. This is no time to hold back. We gotta use every move and every mode we've got!

[All nine charge at Vilord and strike him with their attacks]

Lumen: Blade of Light!

Sparkle: Tornado Swing!

Simon: Fire Bolt!

Theodore: Morning Star!

Aqune: Tornado Whip!

Corona: Arrow of Light!

Hunter: Lance of Light!

Noia: Norse Saber!

Vilord: [unleashes energy upon them] Pathetic moves!

Lumen: [powers up to Mega Gold] Mega Gold!

Sparkle: [powers up to Mega Blue] Mega Blue!

Lumen: [strikes Vilord with his blade] Gold Blade of Light! [fires a blast from his ray] Arachna Ray!

Sparkle: [strikes Vilord with her lance] Blue Impulse!

Vilord: [charges at the two] You royal runts are a nuisance!

[Suddenly, Corona and Venus, in Platinum Mode, intercept]

Corona: Platinum Laser Saber!

[She impales Vilord with her saber; Dagger, Flame, and Brutus tie him up with their webs, on which the Chipmunks charge at Vilord]

Chipmunks: Triple Strike!

[They all strike Vilord; Hunter, Aqune, and Alvin each raise an Oracle Key]

Hunter, Aqune, and Alvin: Oracle's Light!

[They and their Battle Spiders all convert to Oracle Mode (Level 1 for Hunter), then strike Vilord with their attacks]

Aqune and Portia: Dark Star!

Alvin and Dagger: Crimson Starlight!

Hunter and Shadow: Electra Twist!

Vilord: Painful as that was, I've had worse!

[He fires demonic flames upon the three riders]

Hunter: [raises another Oracle Key and converts to level 2] Oracle's light!

Vilord: Bring it!

Hunter and Shadow: [fire a blue blast at Vilord] Blue Bolt! [convert to level 3 and fire a wave of blue energy at Vilord] Blue Wave! [convert to level 4 and fire again] Blue Wave, Level 4!

[Vilord takes all three blasts hard]

Vilord: You can make all the changes you want! You can't destroy me!

Oracle: [empowers Hunter to level 5] That is where you are wrong!

Hunter: [strikes Vilord with his blade] Navy Blade of Arachna!

[Vilord growls]

Hunter: Had enough?!

Vilord: Not even so much as a scratch!

[He fires a wave of demonic energy at the gang]

Noia: [merges with her Vespa] Vespa Armor, activate!

Spider Riders: [merge with their Battle Spiders and convert to Super Mode] Arachna Super Power!

[They repel the blast, then strike Vilord with their empowered weapons]

[The Spider Riders theme song is heard in the background]

Hunter: Arachna Iron!

All Spider Riders: Armor on!

[They all get equipped with Arachna Iron]

[They strike Vilord with their Iron Blades]

Hunter: Iron Blades, Cross Strike!

[All eight strike Vilord with their blades in an X formation]

Noia: [fires her Vespa Beam at Vilord] Vespa Beam!

[Vilord takes the blast]

Vilord: All you're doing is making me angrier! Full power!

[He raises his lance, but it does not glow]

Vilord: FULL POWER!

[Still nothing]

Vilord: Nothing?! Could it be that... the powers of the Oracle have rejected me?!

Hunter: Sorry, Vilord, but it's true. Your abuse of power has caused the powers you stole from us to reject you.

Oracle: As you may have already been told, their powers are not meant for evil!

Vilord: Even without my new powers, I'm still gonna destroy you!

Spider Riders: [attach their Ultra Enhancers to their manacles] Ultra Mode, energize!

[They convert to Ultra Mode and whip out their Ultra Twin Blades and jump up]

Spider Riders: Ultra Victory Strike!

[All eight dive down and strike Vilord hard with their blades; Vilord's eyes glow red]

Vilord: Spider Riders, remember this! There will be others after your power! What you have can't remain yours forever!

[He unleashes a massive burst of demonic energy from his lance at the Spider Riders and Noia, who jump out of the explosion; Hunter has the Ultra Spider Cannon on hand]

Hunter: Maybe, but it'll never belong to the forces of evil!

Battle Spiders: Ultra Spider Threads!

[They fire glowing blue webs at Vilord, which shackle him to the ground while still standing up; they land in front of him and point their cannon at him]

Vilord: No! Let go!

Hunter: After we do this! This one's for Mantid and Lorraine! Ultra Spider Cannon, lock on target!

[The cannon charges to maximum power]

Hunter: Ready!

Alvin: Aim!

Spider Riders, Noia, and Battle Spiders: FIRE!!!

[The cannon fires eight massive blasts of multicolored light at Vilord, hitting him hard; Vilord screams; the impact of the point-blank range blast pushes everyone back]

Vilord: The greatest power of the Inner World, and I still lost?!

[He falls to the ground, and a massive explosion is shown; the sky clears up]

Oracle: Farewell, Vilord.

[The gang cheers]

Alvin: Yes! Vilord's finally gone!

Hunter: [looks up] Mantid, Lorraine, you can rest in peace now.

Corona: Uh, Hunter, when we were about to deliver the final blow, you said it was for Mantid and Lorraine. Did Vilord have something to do with them in the past?

Hunter: Vilord told me a lot. I'll tell you guys the whole story when we get home.

[Suddenly, Vilord rematerializes, enlarged]

Vilord: You think you've won?! The worst is yet to come!

Hunter: Why the hell do they always come back for more?

Vilord: I'm a demon lord! What do you expect?!

Hunter: [raises all four Oracle Keys] Who cares?! You still haven't seen our best mecha!

All eight Spider Riders: Spider King, mobilize!

[All of their machines enter the scene, transform, then combine to form the Spider King; the Spider Riders and Noia jump into the cockpit]

Spider Riders: Spider King, ready!

[Outside, the Spider King and Vilord engage in combat]

Vilord: You got guts. That much I'll give you. But if I'm going down, I'm taking all of you with me!

Alvin: Wrong again, Vilord! We have the might of the Oracle!

Simon: The knowledge of the Oracle!

Theodore: The honor of the Oracle!

Lumen: The stealth of the Oracle!

Sparkle: The speed of the Oracle!

Aqune: The strength of the Oracle!

Corona: The charity of the Oracle!

Hunter: And the courage of the Oracle! But you-- You have none of that! All you have is depravity, dishonor, malice, insanity, apathy, and cowardice! And with that, you can't beat anyone! Least of all, the Oracle!

Vilord: SHUT UP!!!

[He strikes the Spider King with his lance, but it doesn't budge]

Spider Riders: ORACLE'S DIVINE LIGHT!

[The Spider King fires massive blasts of light from its cannons at Vilord, hitting him hard and destroying his lance]

Vilord: My lance!

Hunter: This is where it ends, Vilord!

Oracle: For all of mankind!

[She, Noia, and all eight Spider Riders focus their powers as the Spider King maximizes its cannon power; Vilord watches in horror as the Spider King takes on a gold color scheme and its eyes glow white; the energy gathered forms a sphere similar to the Inner World's sun]

Hunter: See ya!

Spider Riders, Noia, and Oracle: Spider King, DIVINE PUNISHMENT!!

[The Spider King fires blasts from its cannons and the sphere at Vilord, hitting him hard; the sphere seeps within Vilord; Vilord screams at the top of his lungs as the sphere implodes, completely engulfing him in a massive explosion; after the smoke clears, Vilord is gone, for good]

[Cut back to the cockpit; the gang cheers, then jumps out of the cockpits, reverting to normal]

Hunter: Vilord is finally toast. Way to go, guys!

Alvin: We did it together, Hunter.

[They bump fists]

[The rest of the gang approaches]

Brittany: Way to go, you guys!

Corona: There you all are!

Aqune: Are you all okay?

Tor: We'd have helped you out, but we still needed some time to recover.

Eris: After we recovered, we came back here in case you needed us.

Layla: But it looks as if you already took care of that demon lord with every power you've got.

Shido: Not only that, but you finally defeated the Demonoids when you blew up their sub. Congratulations, Spider Riders.

[He and Hunter shake hands]

Hunter: Now we can really rest easily, knowing Earth is safe.

[Suddenly, an image of Westcott appears in the sky]

Westcott: Or so you assume.

Hunter: Westcott!

Alvin: But I thought he--

Westcott: You thought I was destroyed with my Nickar? How optimistic you all are. It'll take more than that to finish me and my Demonoids. And thank you, Spider Riders, for getting that tyrant Vilord out of my way. He may have ruined my sub, but now I can finally put my new base to good use.

Hunter: Listen, bastard! You drove Temper and Savage to their deaths, so its your fault Vilord attacked the city and almost destroyed us all!

Westcott: My only regret is that I never got the chance to do it myself.

Shido: I'm not afraid of you, Westcott! No matter what you do, you'll never win the war! Never! Do you understand?!

[Westcott laughs as his image fades from the sky]

Shido: DO YOU HEAR ME?!!

[He pants heavily; Tohka pats him on the back gently]

[Back at the warehouse, the refugees of the Inner World are gathered with the gang (along with baby Monica in Corona's arms)]

Oracle: The refugees are free to go home now. With Argon and his master gone, there are no more outside threats to the Inner World.

Illuma: Spider Riders, words cannot express our gratitude. We are eternally in your debt.

Slate: You guys have earned yourselves a vacation in the Inner World.

Hunter: Gee, thanks, guys, but I can't just now. Corona, Aqune, and I have a life here now. My dad, my daughter-- They need us.

Corona: But we'll take a rain check.

Aqune: And if you ever wanna drop by and visit, you have our address.

Katydid: Thank you.

Buguese: And we'll drop by again whenever you need help against the Demonoids.

[His fellow Invectids nod]

Lumen: Before you go, I thought you'd all like to know...

[Noia holds up her right hand, which has a ring on its finger]

Lily: Your Highness, that was your mother's ring!

Lumen: I know, Lily. We talked it over at dinner last night. Lady Noia and I are engaged.

[Noia nods; everyone else cheers]

Illuma: Why, congratulations, Prince Lumen. Lady Noia.

Noia: Thank you.

Katydid: That ring looks beautiful.

Lumen: Like Lily said, it belonged to my mother. My father gave it to her when they got engaged.

Noia: We've waited long enough for this. Come this holiday season, we're tying the knot.

Lumen: And you're all invited to the wedding.

Lily: Let us know of the exact date, and we'll be there.

[Lumen and Noia nod; Corona turns to Illuma]

Corona: Your Majesty, thanks for taking care of my baby while I was in battle.

Illuma: My pleasure. It had been years since I last held one. Someday, Corona, she may become a Spider Rider, like you and Hunter.

Venus: I'd be more than happy to give her pointers on how to control a Battle Spider when the time comes.

[Corona smiles]

Corona: Thank you, Venus.

[Hunter holds up his team's transportal device; he inputs the Inner World's coordinates, then activates it, opening a portal to the Inner World]

Slate: Well, here's our ticket back home.

[Every refugee walks through the portal; the queen is the last one to approach]

Illuma: If you see Igneous and Magma, give them my best regards.

Simon: We will, Your Majesty.

Theodore: Take care.

[Illuma nods, then walks through the portal; after every refugee has crossed, the portal closes]

Aqune: They've got a big road ahead of them to get the whole place back to its former glory.

Hunter: If I know them, it won't be long.

Alvin: Now, Hunter, what's this you wanted to tell us about Mantid's past with Vilord?

Hunter: Well, you guys better sit down. It could be too much for you.

[Everyone else does]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Alvin: Well, that's it for the Spider Riders' arc. At least for now.

Simon: The Cosmo Cats' next arc is up next.

Theodore: But what's up with those guys?

Eris: Next time: Taken for Granted.

Qoone: Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Last edited by TVLubber (6/23/2022 10:55 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera