ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/27/2020 12:01 am  #1

Side-Fic 325: Yuya Goes Missing

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Eris: Hey, everyone! Are you ready for the show? Don't forget to watch in a brightly-lit room, and don't sit too close to your screen. Okay? Here we go! Meow!

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Orchard Beach, Pelham Bay Park, Bronx, NY, Thursday, August 1st, 10:42am]

[Yuya rides on a jet ski on the sea; he waves to his and Eris' groups at shore]

Kio: Who knew Yuya was that good at jet skiing?

Gong: He was one of the top jet skiers in junior high, Kio. Even Gong couldn't amount to his swiftness.

Yoko: When he first tried it out, I thought he was crazy. Look at him now.

Zuzu: He's a born natural, even outside of the dueling arena.

Eris: Life sure is full of surprises, don't you think?

[Yuya jets back to shore]

Yuya: Whew! What a way to spend our summer.

Gong: Y'haven't lost your touch, ol' buddy.

Yuya: Thanks, Gong. Hey, Zuzu, care for a ride?

Zuzu: I'd be glad to!

[Yuya hands her a spare life jacket; Zuzu puts it on; they hop onto Yuya's jet ski]

Yuya: Hold on tight, Zu. This could be rough.

Zuzu: Anything you say.

[Yuya starts again, with Zuzu holding onto him tightly]

Kio: You know, Gong, you oughta try it.

Gong: Oh, no can do, Kio. You'll never catch Gong doin' anything that crazy. Besides, Gong's a martial artist. Got a reputation to uphold.

Manami: Yuya should enter next week's jet skiing competition. [shows Yoko a flyer with an entry form] What do you think, Yoko?

Yoko: I don't see why he shouldn't. He won three straight competitions back home. He's sure to win it here.

[Yuya and Zuzu jet back to shore and approach the gang]

Zuzu: Yuya, that was fun.

Yuya: Tell me about it.

Yoko: [hands her son the flyer and entry form] Yuya, you've got to check this out.

Yuya: [looks at the flyer] "Pelham Bay Park Annual Jet Skiing Competition. Grand prize of $20,000 and a gold trophy." Mom, this contest does seem like fun, but I'm not sure I'm up to it. I mean, in all the jet skiing competitions I've entered back home, only trophies and medals were at stake. But with a cash prize on the line, too in this one, the competition is only gonna get more fierce.

Yoko: Yuya, your opponents can try, but in the end, their greed will only dull their skill.

Zuzu: Yuya, you should give it a go. The prize money could go towards our new duel school here in New York.

Gong: Whattaya say, Yuya?

Yuya: You guys sure know how to butter me up. Okay. I'll enter. But it's gonna take a lot of practice and support.

[Meanwhile, in a different dimension, Roget speaks with a Super Cyber Demon Gear soldier]

Roget: [reads a rap sheet] Roberto Cortez, 27, served six years in prison for manslaughter.

Cortez: All I did was sell some medicine to a flu-ridden boy's mother.

Roget: A medicine that you concocted yourself. Instead of curing the boy, your medicine only killed him.

Cortez: Well, that was his mother's fault, seeing as she should've taken him to a doctor first. But what does it matter? The kid's dead, I took a plea, I did my time, it's all behind me now. Tell me what to do, sir.

Roget: First, you must return to your dimension. [hands him a Doom Disk and another device] Your Doom Disk, in case any duelists get in your way, and this device to bring my greatest enemy to this dimension. [hands Cortez a recent photograph of Yuya Sakaki] I have plans for him. But don't duel anyone until after you bring him to me.

Cortez: [inserts his deck into his Doom Disk] As you wish, sir.

[Roget activates his transportation device, transporting Cortez out of the dimension]

Roget: He'd best not fail me.

[Back at the beach, everyone watches Yuya jet skiing like a pro]

Eris: The way I see it, Yuya's got the competition in the bag.

Aoi: I don't know, Eris. Remember last year's competition? The winner had won his fourth consecutive title.

Eris: Only because Yuya never competed. I have faith in the kid.

[Meanwhile, at a nearby tree, Cortez, device in hand, eyes Yuya]

Cortez: Perfect.

[Suddenly, Noah approaches]

Noah: Eyeing those ACME Crime Net geeks?

Cortez: Back off, pal. I'm busy here.

Noah: If you're stalking them, perhaps I can be of some help.

Cortez: [sighs] Okay, but make it snappy.

Noah: [hands him a remote] For $15,000, I can give you an automatic robot, just in case.

Cortez: [hands Noah $15,000] Fine, if it'll get you outta here.

[Noah hands him the remote and exits]

Cortez: Yuya Sakaki, bid farewell to your life of entertainment.

[He aims the device at Yuya and fires; Yuya gets struck by the beam and transported away; his empty jet ski floats to shore]

Zuzu: Yuya?!

[She and Yoko run up to the jet ski]

Yoko: Yuya, where are you?!

Zuzu: Oh, my God!

Gong: He must've dived down. Gong will swim for him.

Kio: No, Gong. I saw it all. He didn't fall off. He just disappeared in a flash.

Eris: But how?!

Manami: This isn't the time to panic, guys!

Yoko: This is the right time to panic! My son's disappeared, and we don't know how!

[Aoi views footage of Yuya disappearing on her iPhone]

Aoi: It's a good thing I didn't stop recording.

[She slows down the video at a point where Yuya disappears; she sees the beam approaching Yuya from her left and pauses before the beam hits]

Aoi: [points to her left] Whoever made Yuya disappear must be hiding in that direction.

Manami: [whips out two of her guns] I'll get him.

[She approaches the very spot]

Yoko: In her bikini?

Aoi: Can't be worse than running around armed and naked three summers ago. I should know. I was there.

[Yoko cringes]

Kio: Did you seriously have to bring that up?

[Cortez is about to escape when suddenly, Manami holds him at gunpoint]

Manami: Don't move.

Cortez: [sighs] I was hoping not to use this. Doom Disk!

[His Doom Disk appears on his left wrist]

Cortez: Drop those guns and duel me!

[Manami fires antimatter bullets at the Doom Disk, which only repel the bullets]

Cortez: Sorry, but Doom Disks are impervious to your antimatter weapons.

Manami: Damn it!

[The others approach]

Eris: So that's the guy!

Kio: [looks up Cortez's rap sheet on his iPad] Roberto Cortez, repeat offender. One murder pled down to man-two.

Yoko: What'd he do?

Antonia: He sold faulty medicine that killed a little boy.

Aoi: Kid's mom was pissed at his sentence. She was screaming for a life sentence.

Gong: And now he's got a Doom Disk! Betcha Roget sent him.

Zuzu: Give it up, dipsh*t! Where's Yuya and what did you do to him?!

Cortez: All I can tell you is he's nowhere to be found in this dimension. But now your gun nut friend has to duel me.

Zuzu: No! I'll duel you! Manami may have had a few duels herself, but it's too dangerous for her to go up against a Doom Disk duelist.

Gong: Yuya wouldn't let you endanger yourself, Zuzu. Let Gong duel.

Yoko: No, let me. The victim is my son, so dueling him is my responsibility!

Cortez: Sorry, but first come, first served.

Manami: It's all right, you guys. When I read the news about this guy's release, I was just as pissed as the victim's mom was. Truth be told, I wanted that bastard to pay. I want the pleasure of takin' him down myself. I'll duel him.

Cortez: Oh, you really wanna duel me, eh? Gladly. It'll be a lot easier for me to win against an amateur like you.

Zuzu: [hands Manami her duel disk and one of her decks] Here, Manami. You're gonna need this.

Manami: I won't let you down, Zu.

[She activates her duel disk and inserts her deck]

Manami: I accept your challenge!

Cortez: Then let the duel begin!

[He activates his Doom Disk; both duelists draw five cards apiece; everyone puts on their duel gazers; the field transforms into that of a shooting range]

Computer: Augmented reality vision link established.

Manami and Cortez: Let's duel!

[LP:
Manami: 4,000 (hand: 5)
Cortez: 4,000 (hand: 5)]

Cortez: [places a card] I'll start this duel off with Instant Fusion! This card lets me Fusion-summon a level-5 or lower Fusion monster from my Extra Deck without using any Fusion materials, all for the price of 1,000 life points.

[LP:
Cortez: 3,000 (hand: 4)]

Cortez: Giltia the Dark Knight, rise!

[LV: 5
ATK: 1,850]

[Said monster appears]

Manami: I know what Instant Fusion does, Cortez. I also know the monster you special-summoned goes to the graveyard at the end of your turn.

Cortez: I know, but I'm gonna need Giltia to summon this monster. [places another card] Hayate the Earth Star!

[Said monster appears]

ATK: 2,100]

Cortez: Because Giltia is a Light monster, I was able to normal-summon Hayate without tributing any monsters. But that's not all. Since I summoned Hayate, I get to special-summon a level-5 Light monster from my hand. [places another card] Kaiki the Unity Star!

[Said monster appears]

ATK: 1,000]

Cortez: Now I can activate Kaiki's effect. By paying 500 life points, I can perform a Fusion-summon a Warrior monster with monsters I control or in my hand. I fuse Kaiki with Giltia!

[Said two monsters fuse together]

Cortez: Let's go, Gilti-Gearfried the Magical Steel Knight!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 8
ATK: 2,700]

[LP:
Cortez: 2,500 (hand: 2)]

Manami: As if mocking Joey Wheeler wasn't bad enough, bringing out a Fusion monster on the first turn of a duel was a really big mistake. I can't believe you'd stoop so low!

Cortez: [sets two cards] I'll make you eat those words, amateur. Your move.

Manami: [draws] I draw! [looks at her hand; in her mind] Let's see. Guess I should Fusion-summon, too. Since I get the first battle phase of the duel, he's gonna regret ever summoning that monster. And I know just the monster to use as a Fusion-material. [aloud; places a card] I activate Polymerization! I fuse Lunalight Crimson Fox and Lunalight Black Sheep!

[Said two monsters appear and fuse together]

Manami: I Fusion-summon Lunalight Cat Dancer!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 7
ATK: 2,400]

Manami: Now I activate the effect of Lunalight Crimson Fox. Since I used it for a Fusion-summon, I get to target one of your monsters and drop its attack points to 0 until the end of the turn. I'll target Gilti-Gearfried the Magical Steel Knight!

Cortez: Now who's making the big mistake? I activate Gilti-Gearfried's effect, negating any effect by which it's targeted.

[The effect is negated]

Cortez: In addition, if the negation effect is successful, I get to destroy a card on your field! Since Lunalight Cat Dancer is the only card on your field...

[Gilti-Gearfried fires a blast from its sword at Lunalight Cat Dancer, destroying her]

Manami: You coward! I'll make you regret that! I activate Lunalight Black Sheep's effect. [takes a card from his graveyard] Since it, too, was used in the Fusion-summon, I get to add Lunalight Crimson Fox from my graveyard to my hand. [places another card] Now I activate Lunalight Fusion! I fuse Lunalight Crimson Fox and Lunalight Kaleido Chick with Lunalight Panther Dancer from my Extra Deck!

[Said three monsters appear and fuse together]

Manami: This time, there's no escape! Behold, Lunalight Leo Dancer!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 10
ATK: 3,500]

Manami: I activate Crimson Fox's effect again. This time, your knight can't negate it, since it only works once per turn.

Cortez: You're an idiot if you think you can beat my knight! [reveals set card] I activate Forbidden Dress! This card protects my knight from effects that target or destroy it this turn at the cost of 600 of its attack points.

[GILTI-GEARFRIED THE MAGICAL STEEL KNIGHT:
ATK: 2,100]

Manami: Damn it. [takes a card from his graveyard] Well, that won't stop me from getting Polymerization back from my graveyard, thanks to Lunalight Kaleido Chick's effect.

Cortez: Too bad you can't Fusion-summon anymore monsters, since your only Extra Monster Zone is occupied. The only way around it is if you have a Link monster, or you special-summon an Extra Deck monster from your graveyard.

Manami: Hello! I know all about the damn rules! I've been studying all damn week! I even studied enough to know that Lunalight Leo Dancer can attack twice each battle phase. Once I wipe out both your monsters, you lose! Lunalight Leo Dancer, attack Gilti-Gearfried now!

[Lunalight Leo Dancer charges against Gilti-Gearfried]

Cortez: Gilti-Gearfried's other effect will keep me in the duel. I banish Forbidden Dress from my graveyard and boost Gilti-Gearfried's attack points by half the amount of its defense points. That takes it to 2,900!

[GILTI-GEARFRIED THE MAGICAL STEEL KNIGHT:
ATK: 2,900]

Manami: It's still not enough to save your knight!

Cortez: No, but this is! [reveals set card] Forbidden Lance! This card drops your monster's attack points by 600!

Manami: You're an even bigger dumbass than I thought. Lunalight Leo Dancer can't be targeted or destroyed by card effects.

Cortez: What?!

Manami: So now you can only target one of your own monsters!

Cortez: [growls] I target Hayate the Earth Star.

[HAYATE THE EARTH STAR:
ATK: 1,500]

Manami: Say goodbye to your knight!

[Lunalight Leo Dancer lunges at Gilti-Gearfried and mauls it, destroying it]

[LP:
Manami: 4,000 (hand: 2)
Cortez: 1,900 (hand: 0)]

Manami: And say goodbye to your last monster and the last of your life points!

[Lunalight Leo Dancer strikes down Hayate, destroying it; Cortez gets knocked back with damage and screams; he hits the ground]

[LP:
Manami: 4,000 (hand: 2)
Cortez: 0 (hand: 0)]

[The Doom Disk gets vaporized]

Kio: Whoa! She won?!

Aoi: In only one turn?!

Eris: And without even a hint of damage?!

Zuzu: And using one of my decks?!

Manami: It's over, Cortez! Now, tell us where Yuya is!

Cortez: [groans] I told you already, he's not on this planet. In fact, he's in a different dimension. My boss, Mr. Roget, has him. And what he has planned next will surely put Isaac Westcott's ambitions to shame.

[Zuzu grabs Cortez]

Zuzu: Listen to me. If anything bad happens to my Yuya, I'm never gonna forgive you, even after you die!

Cortez: What, you his fiancée or something, bitch? Women. [groans]

[He pushes a button on a remote in his left hand and collapses to the ground dead]

Manami: [to her cell phone] ACME Portable to Central. Suspect down at Pelham Bay Park. It's another Doom Disk duelist.

Dispatcher: Copy that.

Eris: We should go home and run a multidimensional search for Yuya down at the lab.

[Suddenly, a giant robot tramples into the scene]

Zuzu: After we get rid of that thing!

Eris: Cosmo Cats, let's get to work.

[She and her group whip out their Cosmo Pendants]

Eris' group: Cosmo Power!

[They get suited up]

Eris: Cosmo MagnaDroid!

[The Cosmo MagnaDroid flies into the scene; the Cosmo Cats jump into the cockpit; the Cosmo MagnaDroid and the robot fight over the next few minutes; all the while, Noah and Harry watch through binoculars]

Harry: That Cortez guy really was a fool.

Noah: Let's hope the robot I sold him takes out the Cosmo Cats so his death won't be for nothing.

Harry: [looks up at the sky] Uh, don't look now, Noah, but...

Noah: What? [looks up at the sky] Oh, no. Not her!

[The Omega MagnaShip flies into the battle scene and fires its lasers at the enemy robot, hitting it]

[Cut to the cockpit with Cosmo Violet]

Qoone: Whoever sent that robot to attack my Cosmo Cats will regret ever doing so! Omega MagnaDroid, transform!

[Outside, the Omega MagnaShip converts to MagnaDroid mode]

[The enemy robot fires missiles at the two MagnaDroids, who punch them right back at it, hitting it]

Cosmo Cats: MagnaDroids, combine!

[Both MagnaDroids combine to form the Omega Cosmo MagnaDroid]

Noah: This can't be good!

[The Omega Cosmo MagnaDroid fires phaser blasts from its shoulder cannons at the enemy robot, hitting it; the enemy robot fires a volcanic blast at the Super Cosmo MagnaDroid, which repels the blast with its Lion Shield]

Eris: Omega Cosmo MagnaDroid!

All six: Phaser Frenzy!

[The Omega Cosmo MagnaDroid fires all of its phasers at the enemy robot, hitting it; it engulfs in an explosion]

[Noah is furious]

Noah: Can no one destroy the Cosmo Cats?! [falls to his knees] Damn that Cortez. A failure to the end!

Harry: Hey, at least we made an extra 15 grand.

Noah: As if that's going to help. Next time, I'm jacking up the price. More money means better machinery.

Harry: And don't you worry, Noah. We'll get ACME yet. Let's go.

[Later, police wrap Cortez's body in a body bag and take the bag away; the gang gets ready to leave]

Dr. Cornell: Truth be told, you guys, I never did like Cortez. If there's one good thing that comes out of those Doom Disks, it's that they backfire.

Zuzu: As long as it's not on one of our own.

Dr. Cornell: Yeah. Speaking of one of your own, Zuzu, where's Yuya?

Zuzu: Even though Cortez is dead, Doc, the damage is done. Yuya's disappeared. Not just from this area, but this whole dimension.

Dr. Cornell: I think I may know a way to find him. The beam that took Yuya-- What if it left some residual energy?

Qoone: That's what the crew had been thinking, Cassandra. [extracts a device] And this scanner can find any remaining particles. We'll send them back to the lab, and once we feed it into our computer, we'll start a multidimensional search for Yuya.

Zuzu: Anything's worth a try, Captain Qoone.

[Qoone activates the scanner and scans for any traces of the beam over he water]

[Catian Mothership, 2:33pm]

[Melwin traces the energy beam on the main computer; the others watch]

Melwin: I've got him!

Zuzu: Where is he, Melwin? Tell me he's okay.

Melwin: Good news: He's in the Fusion Dimension. Bad news: I'm getting a strong reading of his brain wave activity.

Yoko: What do you mean?

Chayka: Apparently, something's affecting Yuya's brain waves. Roget must be changing him.

Eris: We've got transportal devices, right? Maybe we can travel to the Fusion Dimension with one of those.

[Suddenly, the computer starts to overload]

Melwin: Uh-oh! Chayka, emergency reboot! We're overloading!

[Chayka shuts down the computer, then reboots]

Chayka: Something tells me it's worse off than ever. Not only is the gateway to the Fusion Dimension blocked, but the Yuya Sakaki we all know is being changed for the worst.

Qoone: That means if we find him, we may not like who we find.

[Zuzu is horrified and in tears]

Zuzu: Please, no.

Yoko: [also in tears] Not my son.

[Fusion Dimension, 2:37pm]

[Yuya is hooked to a strange device that is draining his strength]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Tor: Wait a sec! All five of us teams involved in the next saga?!

Shido: Come on! The Spirit Soldiers haven't even gotten our own full arc yet!

Hunter: Don't worry, Shido. You will when this is over.

Layla: That is, if it's over.

Eris: Next time: ACME vs. Yuya Part 1: Guest of Honor.

Zuzu: [cries] Vigilance, dedication, courage.

Tohka: Somebody get a Kleenex, please.

Origami: I think we need a mop more.

Last edited by TVLubber (1/29/2023 7:49 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera